Looking for UK fitness newbs for accountability and encouragement

Options
Hey there!

So I'm really so far off the fitness bandwagon I'm starting from the ground up. I'm hoping to get some encouraging friends while I start small and develop some accountable relationships.

So, anyone in?
Any advice for making small changes, because big ones always fail for me. I just need to get this ball rolling before I can build momentum. I've put on a bit of weight, I have no endurance or strength to speak of, I eat too much sugar and carbs and don't drink enough water.

Hoping to start a more positive change and outlook towards my well being :blush:

Replies

• jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi there I'm returning to mfp after a long break after having my first child & resulting health problems. It's been 2.5 years & I've decided that I need to shift the 5 stone I've gained.
    I'm a sugar & carb addict too, anything to give me a quick boost plus I eat emotionally too.
    I've charged up my fit bit, logged back into mfp & set myself some new goals. I'd be happy to cheer you on as I know how good mfp can be with the right support
  • wibblywobblynomore74
    wibblywobblynomore74 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Morning...have added you as a friend. I have been on here 3 weeks and its addictive!..log in to keep up with friends and stay clear minded and focused. If you stick to your allowance and try to do some form of exercise 2-3 times a week you will succeed...don't forget we all have bad days and at times feel nothing works...but don't feel this alone and reach out to someone and ask why?..i shant say good luck because I know you can and will do this.. :)
  • hesmywatermelon
    Options
    Hi there! Im in! I'm starting over again after a mfp hiatus. It worked well for me last time; kept me focused and on track. From previous experience, I would say the best way to get lasting results is to start small- trying to completely change you diet and excessive habits at once is too much change at once to keep up with. Start by setting weekly goals- e.g this week I'll drink 2L water everyday, or no chocolate this week. Next week add in some other goals on top.