organic honey amd cinnamon

Options
I read that cinnamon, honey, and warm water may help with weight loss. Cinnamon helps regulate blood sugar and honey stimulates metabolism. Honey and warm water mixture help with digestion as well, so with that being said the recipe is 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder and 1 cup warm water, drink that in the morning on an empty stomach. I'm going to give it a try. What do you think?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I like raw honey and cinnamon too, but mixing them with water does nothing for weight loss.
    Count the honey and cinnamon in the diary so your calorie count for the day is accurate. :)
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Why not just add cinnamon/honey to your food during the day? I don't see why you would have to drink it on an empty stomach.
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    There are no magic weight loss foods, unfortunately. But, if you actually like it and it fits into your calories, go for it.
  • PinkandBlack87
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing. I thought about putting honey into my peanut butter and the cinnamon in my oatmeal
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Well, I put cinnamon in my coffee, and was also putting honey in for awhile till I ran out (cos I'd previously run out of sugar :p), and also have cinnamon in my breakfast, can't say it's had any noticeable effect on my weight.

Cinnamon is meant to help regulate blood sugar, but I wouldn't put much stock in honey raising metabolism.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Honey will not do anything other than add its calories to your daily intake. Nothing wrong with it, but kind of the opposite than what you were hoping for. As for cinnamon, if you are not diabetic, it will make no difference, and if you are diabetic, be careful with the honey.
  • lisafrancis888
    lisafrancis888 Posts: 119 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I had cinnamon and apple and a little honey in my oatmeal this morning. Yummy and very filling.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I add those things to a cup of warm milk- because it's effing delicious- but alas- has nothing to do with weight loss.
  • PinkandBlack87
    Options
    Oooo that oatmeal does sound very yummy