Pre Weight loss Surgery Buddies/Support

Options
Hi I'm Erica and I am currently in the process of my 6 month medically supervised diet (insurance required :s ) for weight loss surgery. I plan on getting the sleeve procedure sometime in May/June and I am looking for buddies to help support and encourage each other. :)

Replies

• bubbly1506
    Options
    Hello.im due to have my sleeve in march although no date yet! Ive been using my fitness pal to help lose some before hand so far lost 2 stone x
  • ScottiErica
    ScottiErica Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bubbly1506 wrote: »
    Hello.im due to have my sleeve in march although no date yet! Ive been using my fitness pal to help lose some before hand so far lost 2 stone x

You don't have much longer then. That is super exciting! :D 2 stone is great.
  • smoucheron
    Options
    Hi! I'm at the very begining of the surgery process. I guess I will join weight watchers fir the 6 months of dieting for insurance. What program or diet are you doing and how is it going?
  • smoucheron
    Options
    Oh should mention that I will have the sleeve but dont have a date yet. My daughter is getting married August 28th so it will be after that
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I had my bypass this past June. I lost thirty pounds before surgery and my dietitian recommended MFP. It sure takes the pain out of calorie counting.

Here's a group for bariatrics:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband
  • debipagebaldwin
    debipagebaldwin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My surgery date is 3/3
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve 1/13/15. Feel free to add me!
  • Georgielee37
    Georgielee37 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Georgie I've just started my three months supervised diet for my insurance so I can get the gastric sleeve procedure done.
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Jan and I just had my VSG 2/4/15. Feeling great and down HW: 298 SW: 256 CW: 232.

The span between my highest weight and my surgery weight was 2 years. I lost 17 lbs on the 6 month insurance diet.
  • demonkarebear04
    demonkarebear04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was just sleeved 4 days ago and am looking for people going through a similar journey. Feel free to add me :-)
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had surgery on February 2nd of this year. I've lost 27lbs. Feel free to add me.
  • kweese250
    kweese250 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had my vertical sleeve done on February 10,2015. Feel free to add me.
  • wanderluster16
    wanderluster16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm set to have a gastric bypass surgery the first week in June. I have to lose 25 pounds before my surgery. It's definitely a scary, exciting, roller coaster of an experience! Best of luck to you!
  • laceface1983
    laceface1983 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've got an appointment with the surgeon at the hospital this coming Tuesday currently doing my 1st month of the 6month medical supervise diet for insurance. I hope to be approved for surgery and have the gastric sleeve procedure done by the end of this year. :#
  • fixj00
    fixj00 Posts: 1
    Options
    I had the sleeve 3/9. Please add me! :smiley:
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi all, i had my VSG on 3/4/15. feel free to add me, also i found a group on here called VSGers and it is a great support group for anyone that has had a VSG or is starting their journey. it has forums and discussions that are very encouraging and supportive and inspiring and members ranging from people just getting ready to have it, do being a few weeks/months post op, to having had their surgery 3-4 yrs ago. ive found it very helpful ..anyway, feel free to add me and /or join the group. and best wishes to you all
  • cassybaca
    cassybaca Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on month 1 of the 6 month medically supervised weight loss required for insurance. I've lost 12 pounds so far and am following the Paleo/Zone diet mostly. I'm having Gastric Bypass in August/September. I'm super nervous but excited to start my life finally. I feel like I've been fighting this forever! My goal is to lose as much weight prior to surgery as I can so I have a good jump start once I have surgery but usually once I hit that 40-50lb mark on my own, I hit a brick wall :-/ Please add me as a friend. I would love to offer and receive any support :-)
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    please add me, having sleeve surgery on April 1st; yeah I know April Fool's Day.
  • annieshoots
    annieshoots Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm scheduled for VSG on 4/2
  • elizabethranie85
    elizabethranie85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have my first meeting with my surgeon on 4-24. I'm self pay RNY but I'm trying to change my lifestyle now so he sees I'm serious when I go in a month!