Pant size and weight

Options
I have a goal weight but more importantly I have a goal jean size. I'm obsessed with jeans. Anyways, just for some added motivation to see where I have to go.
What is your weight and jean size? It will help me get an idea. I know I know .. we are all different. I think I'm going to be brave and buy a couple sizes down in jeans in a couple of weeks in hopes that I will be able to wear them by my bday in march. It will be my motivation.
As for me, I'm 270 pounds wearing size 24 jeans.

Replies

• jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have a goal weight but more importantly I have a goal jean size. I'm obsessed with jeans. Anyways, just for some added motivation to see where I have to go.
    What is your weight and jean size? It will help me get an idea. I know I know .. we are all different. I think I'm going to be brave and buy a couple sizes down in jeans in a couple of weeks in hopes that I will be able to wear them by my bday in march. It will be my motivation.
    As for me, I'm 270 pounds wearing size 24 jeans.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'-7". At my heaviest, I was 196 & a size 18 jean. I'm down to 156 & a size 10ish. I'm actually in a smaller jean size than I thought I would be in at the beginning. My original goal was a 12 so I'm thrilled that I'm into a 10 & I still have weight to lose! Perhaps an 8 by the time I'm all done? Who knows!

Good luck to you! I have a jean "problem" as well!
  • fit_amy
    Options
    My pant size and weight don't really correlate like I wish... I have lots o junk in the trunk, and I'm short (5'2"). That said:
    Currently, I wear a 10 or a 12 and I weigh 126 pounds.
    Back in the day when I wore an 8, I weighed 110-115.
    I wore size 14 when I weighed 138.
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    At my current weight of 172 I'm in a 10/12 when I'm at my goal (150) I wear an 8 (that's what I'm striving for again). I'm 5'8". At my heaviest 306, I wore a 24/26. I would buy those jeans, it's such motivation and it's fun to try them on periodically and see how much closer you are to zipping them up. The funny thing is you never know, they may be too big by your birthday. Wouldn't that be a shame? :laugh:

Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I'm a boy, so everything is different, but I find I lose an inch around my waist for every 10 pounds. So every 20 I have to buy new pants. I can't wait to get comfortably in 36s again.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    that's the size i was when i started losing. i am now weigh 210 and am in a 18/20 depends on make and style. i have noticed that even though you have the same make and style the different colors will be a different size. in black walmart riders i can wear a 18, but in another color i wear a 20. i have been getting my clothes at goodwill. i am not in them long enough. LOL
    good luck
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    5'9 / 160 size ten. Whoever invented stretch denim should be given a big :smooched:
  • suprjewels
    Options
    I weigh 207 and 5'7" and I think I'm in a size 18. My size 20's I bought a lil over two weeks ago I can now take off without unbuttoning. So I'm going to try them on tonight and see if I'm in an 18 and able to breathe. (crossing fingers!)
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    5'9 / 160 size ten. Whoever invented stretch denim should be given a big :smooched:

Amen, sister!
  • fit_amy
    Options
    i have been getting my clothes at goodwill. i am not in them long enough. LOL
    good luck

I was thinking a few months ago how cool it would be if there was an online site where those in weight transition could trade clothes with eachother. I think we're all in the same boat where we don't want to spend much money on pants because they're "transition" sizes. I think this is particularly true now... so many of us are *really* watching our finances, not knowing what could be around the corner. Speaking for myself, I know I wore "clown pants" for several months (tried drying them/shrinking them, no luck) before breaking down and buying the next smaller size.

Anyway, I just think that would be so cool. It would be useful and practical, and hopefully more fashionable than wearing whatever we come up from Goodwill.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    5'6", 154lbs, jeans size 10/12 (depending on the brand) I much prefer the companies that size their jeans by waist though! In those I wear a 30. Less confusing!
  • Vanyr
    Vanyr Posts: 6
    Options
    I have been getting my clothes at goodwill. i am not in them long enough. LOL
    good luck

I'm 5'5" and I wear anything from a size 8 to size 11 comfortably.
    I've been doing something similar since my weight can't make up its mind on where it wants to stay.
    So far its been between 150 to 165lbs.
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    5'8, 195 size 16
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I second that emotion!!

5 2 143 10p
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    5'6" 170 size 12

this was the size that I wanted to be, but I'm still 15 lbs from my goal weight, so i guess I'm shooting for a size 10 now.

Right now, I'm pretty comfortable.:smooched:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", 137 pounds, size 10 or 12 (size 13 in juniors). I'm just starting to get into 8's. They zip and button but I can't sit comfortably in them yet. :laugh:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 about 111 to 115 and can go from a size 1 to a size 8:noway: Yeah goes to show how companies do there sizeing:tongue:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 4 inches and weigh in at 191. I wear a size 14-16 pants. When I was 155 I wore a size 11 and I at least want to get back down to that.
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 186lbs and I wear a size 12. My goal is 150lbs, size 8 jeans!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Big ol man wearing a loose 48" inch or a tight 46. I remember wearing 34's.. I'll get there again...sigh:huh: