Drinking Calories

Options

Replies

• NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I drink unsweetened tea. I had gestational diabetes with my last two kids. I didn't feel like diet drinks were good for my babies so I began drinking the unsweetened tea. I love it now.

• helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Drinking hot tea does wonders for me when I am feeling a little hungry. I drink a couple cups of tea a day

Same here, whenever I feel hungry I go and have a cuppa :smile:
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you have a shoprite close to you but they carbonated flavored water. I like to have it with dinner. It kind of tricks my mind into thinking I am having soda. ;)

shoprite.com/pd/ShopRite/Clear-Delight-Black-Cherry/33-80-fl-oz/041190041787/
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Drink unsweetened tea, whatever flavor you like. Problem solved.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I drink about 4 cups of tea a day. I like cinnamon/spicy teas. They are naturally sweet. I can't even imagine adding sugar.
  • Mikolinz
    Mikolinz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    yea I make sure I log it everytime, but it has alot of carbs, so I end up drinking half my carbs away instead of eating them. So I think I should just try drinking more water, and drink the tea only sometimes.

Stop adding sugar.

Eww. That would be like drinking brown water
  • arditarose
    Options
    mayawalz wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    yea I make sure I log it everytime, but it has alot of carbs, so I end up drinking half my carbs away instead of eating them. So I think I should just try drinking more water, and drink the tea only sometimes.

Stop adding sugar.

Eww. That would be like drinking brown water

Wait...I can't tell if you're serious or not. Ha.
  • KatieBea44
    KatieBea44 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you find just water so bland, try making it citrus or cucumber water. It adds a light flavour without adding so many empty calories. Both cucumber and lemon aid in weight loss efforts, aid in digestion and lemon is a slight anti inflammatory for joints because it dissolves uric acid. :) On days where i find I don't want to be drinking regular water, I fill a jug with all the water I need in the day, and add 1 or 2 sliced lemons, rind on, and stick it in the fridge. I never fail to drink my water that day :)
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Ok, this may sound crazy but when I drink water, I will add some sweet and low to it, just to give it a little taste.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    KatieBea44 wrote: »
    If you find just water so bland, try making it citrus or cucumber water. It adds a light flavour without adding so many empty calories. Both cucumber and lemon aid in weight loss efforts, aid in digestion and lemon is a slight anti inflammatory for joints because it dissolves uric acid. :) On days where i find I don't want to be drinking regular water, I fill a jug with all the water I need in the day, and add 1 or 2 sliced lemons, rind on, and stick it in the fridge. I never fail to drink my water that day :)

Great idea. I like those also.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Ok, this may sound crazy but when I drink water, I will add some sweet and low to it, just to give it a little taste.

:# bleh! haha
  • trying4real
    trying4real Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    If you like fruit, I have been freezing different fruits in my ice trays ( with water of course) so when they start melting in my water it has that taste to it. So far I have used oranges, rasberry and lemon wedges.
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    If you like fruit, I have been freezing different fruits in my ice trays ( with water of course) so when they start melting in my water it has that taste to it. So far I have used oranges, rasberry and lemon wedges.

This is a great idea! I am so going to try this!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I drink alot of tea or diet mountain dew during the day. I really need to substitute that with water, but i cant bring myself to drink water. I like drinking things with flavor. Ive been stuck on the same weight now, and it might be water weight because of all the tea I drink.
    How much water should I drink a day to see results.

If you're drinking beverages that are not calorie free, be sure to log them. That can stall weight loss.

Have you tried flavored sparkling water? They have different flavors, are delicious, and no calories!
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I drink unsweetened teas as well.

I like food. A lot. So the less calories I drink the more of them I get to eat.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Use Stevia for a natural sweetener and keep making those aspartame gains in your diet Mountain dew :). I drink at least 3 litres of tap water a day, but that's just because I love the stuff (making those Estrogen and fluoride gains lol).
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I highly recommend that you try coconut sugar! :)

Obviously it would be best if you didn't add any sugar to your tea, but until you can wean yourself off it, coconut sugar would be a great substitute!

In my opinion, sugar is sugar, no matter what source it comes from.

In your opinion, what is the difference between regular sugar and coconut sugar?
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    Use Stevia for a natural sweetener and keep making those aspartame gains in your diet Mountain dew :). I drink at least 3 litres of tap water a day, but that's just because I love the stuff (making those Estrogen and fluoride gains lol).

While I alternate between granulated sugar, agave nectar, and Stevia just because I can, I think Stevia is one of the best types of sugar when trying to moderate calories. To me, it tastes just like granulated sugar.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    slideaway1 wrote: »

While I alternate between granulated sugar, agave nectar, and Stevia just because I can, I think Stevia is one of the best types of sugar when trying to moderate calories. To me, it tastes just like granulated sugar.
    To me it just tastes bitter and really nasty - I think I read it's a genetic thing. I wish I'd known that before I bought a huge bag.
  • macelmer
    macelmer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like to add fruit or vegetable slices to water for no calorie flavor. My favs are orange slices, dill, cucumber and lime.