Looking for friends that also need to lose 100+ pounds! :)

Options

Replies

• PuppiesnotBears
    PuppiesnotBears Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I just had the same problem with my sugar I failed the glucose test by 1 point. My dr put me on meds and told me to exercise and diet. It scared the hell out of me also because diabetes runs in my family. Good luck [/quote]

I've done a ton of research and there's very good news -- just a 7% weight loss can have a major impact on the numbers. And exercise -- which burns blood sugar -- is even better for making a difference.

Weight loss and exercise may (MAY) get you back to normal. It happens for some people, not for others -- don't feel bad if it doesn't work for you. If it does get you back to normal, keeping the weight off and the exercise going will usually keep things under control for a long time.

If you are officially diagnosed with Type 2, weight loss, diet and exercise can sometimes get you off the meds and keep your blood sugar under control for some time. If meds are still needed, the weight loss and exercise makes them much more effective at keeping thing controlled, plus helps improve heart health.

A lot has changed in the last 10-15 years. Diabetes, if poorly controlled, can still be really tough over time. As one noted researcher said, however, "well-controlled diabetes is the leading cause of nothing." Improvements in blood sugar monitoring, new medications and new treatments for complications have made a big difference, and further advances are on the way.

Eat right. Exercise. Lose as much weight as you can. Know your numbers and see your doctor. If you do, the odds are excellent you'll have a longer, healthier life than you would have before you adopted (or were forced to create) this new, healthy life!

And good luck to us both!
  • zena_marie
    zena_marie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 25 and looking to lose 100lbs as astarting point and would really love the motivation! I've put on weight since having my daughter 18 months ago and am really struggling to get rid of it.
  • 600lbs2Beast
    600lbs2Beast Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Brandon. At my heaviest I was above 550lbs. Currently at 385lbs. I don't really have a goal weight. More of a level of fitness and better quality of life and lifestyle. But I do have goals. I passed my first one of 399, now I'm working on 350, then 299 and then 250. If/when I get there maybe I'll have a new goal. Anybody that would like to add me, please feel free. Good luck to everyone on their journey!
  • SarahJoy153
    Options
    Hello! I'm not sure what it is, but now more than ever I am feeling so motivated to get healthy! I am currently 23, 5'4" and 267 pounds and would eventually like to be about 160. I am battling a food addiction and trying to take back my health. I would love to connect with others who would want to motivate each other and lose 100+ pounds!

Hello I'm Sarah, I'm 5'6 and I'm 290 Lbs and I feel like I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 20 I feel like now more then ever I just want get healthy and loose weight. I would love to add you and others! My goal is about 150lbs! :)
  • eliigetsfit
    Options
    New to MFP and like most of yall in on the same boat trying to loose over 100+ pounds so it will be great to add some of you to keep us motivating one another. Like I said I'm new so don't know how to add people I need to mess around with this more but feel free to add me :)
  • derrickyoung
    derrickyoung Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Just want to add some words of encouragement. I am not sure if I would of classified myself as a food addict but I was/am an emotional eater who would frequently binge on gross amounts of food. I started on MFP 335 days ago after having lost a little weight on my own through increased activity at work. It was enough to get me started or at least thinking about getting my life back. I did not own a scale as I had refused to step on one through most my adult life unless standing in the Dr.s office. My first weigh in was in Walmart about 2-3 weeks into this journey on MFP and came in at 306 pounds. By estimates at my heaviest I was probably 250 pounds at my heaviest. I continued to go to Walmart for the next few weeks to step on the scales and when I saw I was actually making progress I bought a scale for home.
    Last week I weighed in at 175 pounds 14.7% body fat and I have 5 pounds to go to my revised goal weight. I will probably revise my goal weight again over the next week or two based on body fat composition. My goal is about 10%.

A things I have learned over the past 10 months

1) MFP is a great resource but find what works for you. Everyone is different and battles different demons. What worked for me may not work for others.
    2) Make it sustainable. This is a lifestyle you need to maintain the rest of your life.
    3) Inspiration comes from others, Motivation comes from within.
    4) Nothing motivates more than success

I found certain motivational quotes helped me. One that has kept me going
    "Success is not a result of spontaneous combustion, You must set yourself of fire"

Good luck, be strong and make it sustainable
  • 600lbs2Beast
    600lbs2Beast Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just want to add some words of encouragement. I am not sure if I would of classified myself as a food addict but I was/am an emotional eater who would frequently binge on gross amounts of food. I started on MFP 335 days ago after having lost a little weight on my own through increased activity at work. It was enough to get me started or at least thinking about getting my life back. I did not own a scale as I had refused to step on one through most my adult life unless standing in the Dr.s office. My first weigh in was in Walmart about 2-3 weeks into this journey on MFP and came in at 306 pounds. By estimates at my heaviest I was probably 250 pounds at my heaviest. I continued to go to Walmart for the next few weeks to step on the scales and when I saw I was actually making progress I bought a scale for home.
    Last week I weighed in at 175 pounds 14.7% body fat and I have 5 pounds to go to my revised goal weight. I will probably revise my goal weight again over the next week or two based on body fat composition. My goal is about 10%.

1) MFP is a great resource but find what works for you. Everyone is different and battles different demons. What worked for me may not work for others.
    2) Make it sustainable. This is a lifestyle you need to maintain the rest of your life.

"Success is not a result of spontaneous combustion, You must set yourself of fire"

Great post man, and I love the quote!

• MissSaraSunshine
    Options
    You all are just so wonderful! I think I added you all that were interested, if I missed you feel free to add me! I appreciate all the kind words an encouragement!!! I hope you all have a fantastic day!
  • JK82270
    JK82270 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Sara! I'm in the same boat and would love to support each other! :D
  • Venice_SA
    Venice_SA Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im also going to add everyone as I am also struggling and need motivation
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    Hi everyone, i had been struggling with my weight for many years now. Thyroid condition, hurt my knee,two children, no activity, too much food! I still have knee problems but try to get as much activity as i can before rubbing them down and taking tylenol. I started my weight loss and good eating routine before finding out about MFP. Since September 2014 i have lost about 43 pounds. I still have a ways to go, but am confident that with time, i will succeed. I have totally turned my life around. My friends on MFP are wonderful. I have met a real wonderful group of people who are headed in the same direction as me, and we motivate eachother. You can add me if you are looking for some new friends and someone to help motivate you.
  • kargueta29ka516
    kargueta29ka516 Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey I would really love to be added :) I'm 18, 4'11, and weigh 280. Im trying to get down to 160 and can use all the help and motivation I can get
  • DuneSeaNomad
    DuneSeaNomad Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am struggling a lot (just recently ended a two week run where every meal was fast food) and erased my 17 pounds lost. Grrrr. I am currently at 389, started 400, and haven't been motivated at all, as of late. Wedding in October, so don't want to look like Jabba the Hut in my wedding pics. Would love to connect with everyone!
  • derrickyoung
    derrickyoung Posts: 136 Member
    Options

That should read 350 pounds at my heaviest. Was early and still trying to wake up when I typed all that up

• joanne_davies73
    joanne_davies73 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm Jo. 42yrs old, 5' 4" and weigh 290 lbs. I am at my heaviest now and would love to lose around 10 lbs. Help would be great :)
  • XWhitneysWorldX
    XWhitneysWorldX Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    291lbs here... want to at least make it under 200lbs. Add me!
  • ladylambeau
    ladylambeau Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! I'm 5'2 and weigh a little over 200lbs, so I don't have quite 100lbs to lose but still a pretty serious amount. I also would classify myself as a food addict. Hoping to break that and have a more healthy relationship with food. I love having MFP buddies to help motivate and encourage me!
  • lwalke626
    lwalke626 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've done it before and now it's time to do it for life!! :D
  • hunnstephen
    Options
    Hi, I'm Steve, 31, 6'3" and clock in at 450 lbs. My goal is to lose 250 lbs and end up around 200. I'm currently preparing for a gastric sleeve.
  • chineyeyekhas
    chineyeyekhas Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Add me too :)