FitBit Charge vs. Charge HR?

Options
I currently have a FitBit flex that I got last year for Christmas. It's been great and I've loved having it as I'm getting into running, but I feel like I need something more.

The Charge recently came out but I know the Charge HR will be out soon with the heart rate monitor. I know this might sound really stupid, but what's the point of me having a heart rate monitor?
Will this take ALL of my activity into account and not just walking/running? If the Charge HR will also figure out how many calories I burn during lifting/spinning or other activities where my arms might not be moving so much, then I think it'd be worth it.

Replies

• mistermardi
    mistermardi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just have the same question!
    It's a nice tool to see your progress during cardio workouts (on the long term your HR should be lower) and it will register your HR while sleeping.
    Personally I don't see the big advantage of this feature, realizing it makes the watch also a bit bulkier than the Charge.
  • mcblevins
    mcblevins Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Having your HR as well as your step count will give you a more accurate calorie burn vs. just steps alone.

There isn't a "HUGE" difference in size. The Charge HR has a traditional watch band and is a little bit thicker to account for the HR monitor. The Charge is just the old Force in a different band. I say that because my Force updated and is now seen as a Charge and has caller ID.

I know REI here has both of them so you can try them out and see what you like. Hope this helps!
  • roni0906
    roni0906 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I bought the flex at the beginning of the year. I lost 15 pounds by using that and MFP and staying under my calorie goals with exercise. I just upgraded to the Charge HR last night and today is my first day using it. I am anxious to see how it compares calories burned per day against the flex.