How Do I Stop Doing This?!

Options
Since I had my daughter, I have gained weight. I went to 13st and managed to loose it using a combination of Slimming World and general healthy eating. I managed to get to around 10st 6lbs and my target was around 10st. I them moved house and gained 2st during the move because of stress and convenient takeaways due to the amount of decorating needed doing. I started loosing again recently and lost 5lbs or so but then when I saw o was doing well, one treat turned into two and so on and now I'm back to what I was before I lost 5lbs! I feel so agitated, guilty and annoyed at myself. I just want it gone once and for all! I'm currently 12st 4lbs and miserable! I'm only 5ft 4in so I'm overweight. How can I stay on track right until the end? I lack motivation easily because I have depression and stress results in comfort eating?! I'm at an all time low and just don't know what to do? Please help!

Replies

• pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hey hun, well it seems you do know how to lose the weight as you have had success in the past, so well done.
    Do you weight everything you eat? if not get some kitchen scales and just weigh your food, even your take aways, i eat all sorts of stuff but just make sure i am not over my cals for the day. Maybe take your little one out for long walks too, thats a great way to burn some cals and tone up.
    You have had a lot going on in your life lately, so be kind to yourself hun, think of it as a slow road to success and that even .5lb a week off, is eventually going to get you to your goal x
  • wendykennedy219
    wendykennedy219 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Planning and organization. Know what you are having the next day and make sure it is ready to go. Today I am going to rice cauliflower to eat for the rest of the week plus cut up my veggies for snacks. Then when hunger strikes, you are ready. I make refrigerator oatmeal in a jar for breakfast and have lots of stuff in the freezer.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    What you did to lose weight should become a life long habit. You won't need motivation to continue doing a habit.

I still eat the same things I did while losing most of my weight. I just tweak them a little bit. I still have the same meal times. I still don't snack (my personal preference). I still go for long walks daily.
    Basically, what you did while dieting should become your new way of life - quite litterally. That's why many people here preach moderation and banish fad diets, pills and detoxes. Because you can't never have a cookie again. This has to be something you can do for the rest of your life to be able to keep the weight off.
  • MrsDaviesAnna
    Options
    pinkiezoom wrote: »
    Hey hun, well it seems you do know how to lose the weight as you have had success in the past, so well done.
    Do you weight everything you eat? if not get some kitchen scales and just weigh your food, even your take aways, i eat all sorts of stuff but just make sure i am not over my cals for the day. Maybe take your little one out for long walks too, thats a great way to burn some cals and tone up.
    You have had a lot going on in your life lately, so be kind to yourself hun, think of it as a slow road to success and that even .5lb a week off, is eventually going to get you to your goal x

Thank you for your kind words! I know how to do it your right and it easily becomes habit but whenever I am stressed I binge which I know is only going to make me feel worse. I don't understand why I do it to be honest! I'll take your advice on board, thanks again for your help xx
  • MrsDaviesAnna
    Options
    Planning and organization. Know what you are having the next day and make sure it is ready to go. Today I am going to rice cauliflower to eat for the rest of the week plus cut up my veggies for snacks. Then when hunger strikes, you are ready. I make refrigerator oatmeal in a jar for breakfast and have lots of stuff in the freezer.

Thank you for your advice! I think planning in advance could work well for me, I'll be sure to try that, thanks again.
  • MrsDaviesAnna
    Options
    Leana088 wrote: »
    What you did to lose weight should become a life long habit. You won't need motivation to continue doing a habit.

I still eat the same things I did while losing most of my weight. I just tweak them a little bit. I still have the same meal times. I still don't snack (my personal preference). I still go for long walks daily.
    Basically, what you did while dieting should become your new way of life - quite litterally. That's why many people here preach moderation and banish fad diets, pills and detoxes. Because you can't never have a cookie again. This has to be something you can do for the rest of your life to be able to keep the weight off.

Thank you for your advice too! I have got some life long habits like I'll pick up a low fat butter rather than full fat and the same with most things, only problem is I'm not eating them moderately at the moment. I also get super hungry at night which is one of my downfalls. I'll take your advice on board, thank you for taking the time to comment.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I had to stop looking at weigh loss as temporary. I need to look at it as a permanent change in what I eat and what I do. There is no finish line. When you reach your goal weight you can still strive to be healthier or stronger or run farther or fast. Never stop being the best you you can possibly be.
  • MrsDaviesAnna
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    I had to stop looking at weigh loss as temporary. I need to look at it as a permanent change in what I eat and what I do. There is no finish line. When you reach your goal weight you can still strive to be healthier or stronger or run farther or fast. Never stop being the best you you can possibly be.

Thank you Lizzy, I'll definitely do that!
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Since I had my daughter, I have gained weight. I went to 13st and managed to loose it using a combination of Slimming World and general healthy eating. I managed to get to around 10st 6lbs and my target was around 10st. I them moved house and gained 2st during the move because of stress and convenient takeaways due to the amount of decorating needed doing. I started loosing again recently and lost 5lbs or so but then when I saw o was doing well, one treat turned into two and so on and now I'm back to what I was before I lost 5lbs! I feel so agitated, guilty and annoyed at myself. I just want it gone once and for all! I'm currently 12st 4lbs and miserable! I'm only 5ft 4in so I'm overweight. How can I stay on track right until the end? I lack motivation easily because I have depression and stress results in comfort eating?! I'm at an all time low and just don't know what to do? Please help!

You can lose weight in steps. My personal advice is when you see that your weight loss motivation is going downhill, maintain for a while. Not eating treats all day long but nutritious foods and after a week or two, you reduce your calories again. This is not a race,
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Yo-yoing is a bad thing, and that's why you feel guilty. I've done it and so have most of us. I've decided --never again. I will not back pedal. If I mantain with my 20lb loss, 12lb to go, I consider that a success. Organize yourself and just keep tracking. You don't mention if you're doing any kind of excercise, but that helps alot with self esteem and depression. Try to make time for it, even walks, as someone else mentioned. If you fail, just keep trying. Best of luck. :)
  • MrsDaviesAnna
    Options
    hupsii wrote: »

You can lose weight in steps. My personal advice is when you see that your weight loss motivation is going downhill, maintain for a while. Not eating treats all day long but nutritious foods and after a week or two, you reduce your calories again. This is not a race,

That is an excellent idea! Thank you and I'll be sure to try that
  • MrsDaviesAnna
    Options
    Yo-yoing is a bad thing, and that's why you feel guilty. I've done it and so have most of us. I've decided --never again. I will not back pedal. If I mantain with my 20lb loss, 12lb to go, I consider that a success. Organize yourself and just keep tracking. You don't mention if you're doing any kind of excercise, but that helps alot with self esteem and depression. Try to make time for it, even walks, as someone else mentioned. If you fail, just keep trying. Best of luck. :)

Thank you for your advice, it's been most helpful. I don't exercise much but I do do a lot of regular walking which your right, it helps a lot with my depression. Thanks again