Feeling sad

Options
jusr started my fitness pal about a week ago. Feel exactly the same don't know if I'm doing something wrong I don't think I am

Replies

• pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    When you say "feel exactly the same" what do you mean?
    Do you mean your weight hasnt moved so you feel defeated? or do you mean emotionally you feel sad?
    Its only been a week and Rome wasnt built in a day hun. Stick with it. x
  • audsworld14
    Options
    pinkiezoom wrote: »
    When you say "feel exactly the same" what do you mean?
    Do you mean your weight hasnt moved so you feel defeated? or do you mean emotionally you feel sad?
    Its only been a week and Rome wasnt built in a day hun. Stick with it. x
    Both and ok I am!
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you log everything you eat, and weigh out your food so you know exactly how much you are eating. You can do this, if i can, anyone can :smile:
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    This is a marathon, not a sprint. It took me a good 6 months before I felt different.

Also, losing weight won't make you happy. If you are feeling sad or depressed, that's inside your head and won't be fixed by changing the outside, only by changing the inside. It's normal to be sad from time to time, but please seek help if it sticks around.
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    As far as your weight not moving, keep in mind that a lot of people lose inches before they lose actual pounds. I felt a difference in my jeans before I ever saw a difference in the scale. Keep it up! You go this!
  • art2314
    art2314 Posts: 10
    Options
    Keep working away, your results will come in time. The best thing I read before I started was this quote, " it took time to put it on & it will take time to come off " that reminds me to be patient and the goal will be reached. Good luck, take a deep breath and hope you have a brighter day.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Its very common for young people to have very little patience, perspective or understanding of how weight loss works. You need to be patient and realistic about how quickly you will lose weight. If you are not then you will make yourself frustrated, sad and give up.

Be patient and focus on obtaining healthy sustainable deficits. Absolute min 1200 calories and for teenagers it should be higher. Keep doing the right things and you will lose.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I am also hoping to lose 20 lbs. I've been doing this for a month? Two? Two and a half? I'm not sure. I haven't seen a lot change on the scale, however I've had a lot of non-scale victories. Like wearing pants that used to be too tight, or being able to run up the stairs when I catch the train, or drinking my recommended water intake. All these things help me to feel accomplished instead of the number on the scale.

And what a previous poster said - weight loss will not make you happy. You have to find that within yourself.