New girl. hello everyone.

Options
:blushing: Hello everyone I'm new here. Trying to lose 100 pounds... Any advice?:laugh:

Replies

• cindyMFPerez
    cindyMFPerez Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Baby steps.....have patience and if you fall off the wagon its ok just get back on. Good Luck!
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Just keep coming here and logging your calories, stay under your calorie goal and you will lose the weight!
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water! :drinker:
  • megabux
    megabux Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race! You didnt gain extra weight over night, it wont go away over night. You have taken the first step now all you have to do is stick with it! Record everything, drink plenty of water and get moving! If you like some extra support feel free to friend me, we can motivate eachother:) Good Luck with your journey!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Welcome! My advice is log everything, little things can add up fast. Drink lots of water. Watch your sodium. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • Brittany_Ann
    Brittany_Ann Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Does sodium have a really big effect on weight loss/gain?
  • megabux
    megabux Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yes, it causes you to retain water and bloat and is overall not a great thing. MFP is good about making sure you are in your goals, dont just focus on cals, look at all the nutrition fact goals they provide.
  • quishajuice
    quishajuice Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Work on the small goals (5,10,15 lbs) they'll add up to the big ones before you know it :). Also remember it's no just the number of calories you eat but what makes up those calories that will help you lose the lbs :)
  • DustinReiner
    DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Brittany_Ann,

Well your making the first step, ¬your on here with the intent to lose weight. While this site is great and the people are great, this site can only do so much, it’s up to you to do it. ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

You can do it, it’s not easy but the things that are worth it aren’t easy. But, they’re well worth it in the end!

I’d recommend start to read or research whatever you want to call it. You don’t have to be an expert on the matter, but you will get to know a lot about food and nutrition and exercise.

I would also recommend on doing some kind of exercising. Exercising of some sort is almost mandatory, losing weight can be done without exercising, but it will take at least twice as long and not as effective.

Exercising can be as simple as walking, which is always a good one. Joining a gym is great(don’t let it intimidate you, they’re all people with the same goals. To get in better shape!) As soon as you get used to going there, it is a great place to learn more “Tricks of the trade” on getting in shape. Treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical machine, swimming, spinning classes, aerobics(Actually a good place to start, if you’re not used to exercising)

A link about nutrition
    http://exercise.about.com/cs/nutrition/a/lowcarb.htm

A link about dieting
    http://exercise.about.com/sitesearch.htm?q=What+is+a+proper+diet?&SUName=exercise

Another link about nutrition
    http://exercise.about.com/od/nutrition/Nutrition.htm

I use About.com a lot for research.

You can do it, just stay with it. Even when you get frustrated.

Good luck in reaching your goals!

Dustin

4822665.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Brittany_Ann
    Brittany_Ann Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I just want to be healthy. Once day at at a time.