Lost weight, then gained over half almost immediately

Options
So, here's the scoop - I cut calories for 6 months and lost 17 pounds. I was right at my ideal weight. I already was exercising 6 days (7 hours) of weight training and cardio per week. So, this worked well. Then I went on vacation and slacked a little on calories. Within 2 weeks, I gained back 10 pounds! I now believe I was eating too few calories and slowed down my metabolism. This time, my approach has changed to more weight training, slightly less cardio, and slighly more calories. The verdict after 3 months - no loss and no gain. And, my muscles are becoming too bulky. I LOVE being strong, but I'd like to be LEAN AND STRONG. Any advice?

Replies

• mommarona
    mommarona Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Following to see responses. Thanks for the question.
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Now that you have gained muscle mass, maybe you should cut calories to lose the remaining fat. Then you can get to maintenance.
  • lahurrah
    lahurrah Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi MidwaysT - I'm already at a net calorie intake of 1200. I'm not sure where else to cut, or what more exercises I can do without overdoing it. I have recently incorporated running (5 and 10Ks) again. Maybe that will make the difference??
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    how long ago did you get back? If you JUST did then the 10 pounds is probably partially water weight. Honestly if u go back to eating as you did before the vaca, I expect you'll lose around half that in a week.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your net calories were 1200.
  • lahurrah
    lahurrah Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm 100% sure my net calories were around 1200-1300. I'm very honest... brutally honest. I have now lost about 3 pounds again... mostly by stopping alcohol and running more. But, it's difficult to maintain this level of fitness. I believe I slowed my metabolism down too much. Thanks for the help everyone. Hopefully the pendulum stops swinging.