Pant size and weight

Options
2»

Replies

• eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm five feet tall and weigh 139. With a high-waist jean, I wear a 6. When they are hip huggers, it's more like a 10. But I tell people that I wear a 6, of course. :laugh: I would still like to lose around another 15 pounds, so I have no idea where that will put me.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2.5" (YES the .5 matters, lol).

When I weighed 260, I was a 24.
    Now I weigh 189 and I fit into a 14-16!

I would like to be an 8. Never have been.

I can wear my husband's 34 and 36 jeans.
  • supermom1114
    Options
    I'm 164 5'3" and a size 6... I gave birth a month ago and I think my hips permanently widened because my prepreggo jeans fit but cut into my hips right on the bone so I'm contemplating going up to a size 8 but I'm short so the length will be off ugh
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I'm 5'6" 200lbs and wear a size 16. I carry quite a bit of weight in my thighs though, and could probably be in a size 14 if my legs matched my hips and stomach. :ohwell: My goal weight is between 150 and 140 and I'd like to wear a size 8 or 6, but honestly I'd even just be happy with a 10! :laugh:
  • abetterme
    Options
    I have am 5' 8 at 255.7 and in a 18W.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I used to wear the loose fit...and it was anything but loose:laugh:
    I bought 10p loose fit 515 Levi's and the thighs are too big. I think it may be because I do a lot of leg work...walk, ellip, jog. Anyway, my body goes thru weird times. I had about a month were nothing fit!

Funny..:flowerforyou:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 158 right now, wearing anywhere between a size 8 to a 10.
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and weigh 154. I'm in a size 6 jean. and just bought a pair of 4 black slacks. I can't figure out for the life of me how I'm fitting in these sizes??? but I am? I think my butt is just so mushy that it just slides in there!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7'' and I currently weigh about 175 and wear anywhere from an 8/10/12 depending on brand and yada yada yada. When I was at my heaviest at 215 I was in a 20. I would like to hit a size 6 comfortably, and weigh about 150...
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i am 6'0" about 160 and i wear an 8-10depending on the brand. honestly though, being this tall, i can gain or lose 20 lbs and still wear the same size.......good on the budget i suppose. never a reason to buy new clothes though haha
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    . i have been getting my clothes at goodwill. i am not in them long enough.

I love thrift shopping!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I went into a little consignment shop last weekend and walked out with $6 pair of Chico's Jeans. I bought a pair last year there for $89 and that was on sale!! OH and their sizes are weird.. 0,1/2,1,11/2,2 and so on. I bought a 2 last year and last weekend bought .05. Any way you look at it that was 3 sizes down!!

And 6 bucks!! My new favorite jeans!!
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I walked out of salvation army once with 6 pairs of jeans and 3 shirts for $30.
    As I said I'm obsessed with jeans.

Thank you everyone for revealing such personal info. From what I gather by the time I hit my goal weight I will be around a size 16 (I hope). Also I was at the doctors looking at the bmi chart and morbidly obese, obese one, overweight. I figured I need to get myself out of that morbidly obese column .. that morbid word is bothering me. My goal weight still makes me overweight .. but not obese. If I can get to the obese column and drop the morbid I would be happy .. until a point.

About a month ago, I stopped tracking my food. I felt like I was getting too obsessed like someone with an eating disorder. Good news, I didn't gain. Nor did I lose:ohwell:
    So, I need to start tracking again ... I just don't want to be obsessed. But I think now that I look at it as fitting in a smaller pair of jeans and making my bundunkadunk look even better in smaller jeans ... I think I'm good. So thanks again .. for the info.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11, 163 lbs and wear a 12/14P. I want to wear a 6, but any smaller number than I am now I'll be pleased with. Being this shortround is not fun!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    You know i REALLY think its hard to determine any sort of weight by pants theory...
    at 273 pounds i was size 24-26
    but now at 215 i am a size 14-16 and a size large to xl (and if you check by others sizes and weights I am not normal lol so dont go by mine...)

I forgot to add that im only 5'4"