Iowa Friends? Or any friends...

Options
Hey there peeps! I'm back to kickin my weight issues. I live in Iowa and am looking for fellow friends. You don't necessarily have to be from Iowa. I'm down to be friends with anyone really. My primary issues are that I am both a food addict and emotional eater. I am seeing therapists and a dietician to work on those issues so hopefully this time I will be successful rather than fail again. I am currently 435 lbs. My goal today is to get under 400 lbs. Long term goal is hard to put a finger on because I can't really visualize being less that 300 lbs as I don't remember being that small. It was definitely sometime while I was in High School. So I'm not trying to get overwhelmed so today the goal is under 400 lbs. My primary keys of weight loss right now are menu writing (I write out a menu for each week), meal prep (I make all of my meals for the week on Sundays), clean, high protein, low carb meals, and walking when I can squeeze it in. I feel pretty good so far. Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to help keep me motivated and I will do the same in return.

Sara

Replies

• guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara! My name is Alison, I don't currently live in Iowa but I lived there for 9 years and I consider it my home <3 Honestly, you can do whatever you set your mind to. Start small. Slowly start to incorporate changes, if you change everything at once, its hard. But ease into it, and its a lifestyle you can always keep, and be healthy. Friends are good to have, we can do this together!
  • SaraShyding
    SaraShyding Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yay! Good to meet you Alison! I know I can do this a little bit at a time! :smiley:
  • cathope2014
    cathope2014 Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey there!
    I am Katie, from Scotland in the UK! You have set yourself a very reachable goal there, good to see goals set in stages, I wish you the best of luck on your journey both emotional and physical, I hope you don't mind me requesting to follow you, would love to see your progress!
    I have used fitness pal for a few years now but tend to be a Yoyo dieter, once I get to a healthy, happy weight I slip into bad habits, not this time, I am in for the long haul!
    I wish you love and luck!! Please message if I can help, share tips or for good menu ideas! X x
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Not in Iowa but hopefully NYC will do :)
  • SaraShyding
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Any where is fine! Glad to add you to my cheerleading team! :D I can completely understand the yo-yo! That's pretty much the story of my life! Haha! Working towards fixing those bad habits! Ferziano, I see you do a lot of lifting and that is great because I also really enjoy lifting. It's my favorite kind of workout. I will be getting back into that hopefully soon. As I don't have a gym to go to I'm saving up to buy some of the equipment for here at home. ;)
  • gwenpally
    gwenpally Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara,

I'm also an emotional eater, just an eater in general really, I'm always thinking about food! I tend to binge and I'm now back on here after a week or two away, just trying to keep an eye on the ball! It helps my motivation to celebrate even small victories and don't lose sight of long term goals. Slow and steady is better than quick results as you're more likely to keep it off. I think a menu plan is a really good idea - I might steal that one actually! If you know what you're going to have in advance, maybe it stops you thinking about all the things you would like?! :) Anyway, I'm here if you want to chat about food, or anything really. Good luck and well done for taking this step! First important victory :)

Gwen X
  • SaraShyding
    Options
    I have to say, literally hand writing my menu every week is probably one of the biggest keys that I've always been missing in the past. When you write it out and then prep it all it tends to require some level of commitment without really realizing it. It takes all of the imagination out of meals. I don't get to think of all of the easy and awful things I want right now to relive my hunger instantly. Eating the small meals several times a day keeps me satisfied and not hungry to the point of 'omg I need a drive thru now' and it really takes all of the guess work out of it. Like I just looked at my menu and packed my lunch in like 10 minutes and my day is set for tomorrow. I always thought making up a menu in my head was good enough but I think actually writing it out helps so much more. I wanted to post my menu as a status on here but unfortunately this hasn't quite caught up with Facebook and I haven't figured out how to post pictures.