Losing weight to fast,or just about right?

Options
chrisjonesy2k
chrisjonesy2k Posts: 29 Member
edited March 2015 in Getting Started
At the start (14th January) i was 18 stone 13lbs(265lbs),as of 15th of march i am currently 16 st 11lbs(235lbs) so in just under 3 months i have lost 2 stone 2lbs(30lbs).

I have a calorie intake of 1,500 cals a day,but struggle to make 1300 some days,i do exercise mainly weight's(mostly dumbbells,and bench press)

So was just wondering really,if i am losing weight at a steady pace,or going a bit ott as some people have been telling me,in regards to weighing everything i eat etc.

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You are facing an extreme weight loss where there will be many ups and downs. You are losing ten pounds a month, or just over two pounds a week. A little fast, but I'm betting it will slow down at some point.

What you are doing is working. I say stick with it.
  • jgnatca
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oops. Guy. The lower limit is 1800 right? I'd say slowly add on calories a day (whey shake if you have to) to get to your minimum 1800.
  • chrisjonesy2k
    Options
    well ive looked up and from my understanding 1,500 cals for weight loss is fine for a man,but not really sure,but its what ive been going by,ive not felt lethargic in fact i have more energy levels then ever.

I find that for a moment my weight will stay the same for a week,then the next week ill lose about 1/2/3lbs its like a stutter then a loss,even though i am keeping to the same diet etc.
  • chrisjonesy2k
    Options
    i am 6ft
  • jgnatca
    Options
    You are doing very well. Remember that. Are you getting enough protein?
  • chrisjonesy2k
    Options
    thanks,appreciate it,and i am getting roughly 130 - 150 grams of protein via food & shakes,and exercise regime is day on day off.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I would double-check your logging to make sure you know how much you're eating. Are you using a food scale? If not, I highly recommend getting one, weighing your solids in grams and the liquids in ml/L, and make sure you have an accurate picture of how much you're losing.

The rate you're going is OK since you've got a lot to work with. Eventually it should slow down.

~Lyssa
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    27 yr. old 6' male - Your recommended weight range is between 147 and 183 pounds.

1/14-3/15 - only 9 weeks ~= 3.3 lbs/week.

You started over 75 lbs. overweight, so its not extreme, thou it is faster then usually recommended. As you get leaner, it will slow down, unless you increase your activity to compensate. YMMV.

1500/day is minimum recommended for SED male, for active its more generally recommended 1800+. The important thing is to meet your nutrition goals ( macro and micro ).

• chrisjonesy2k
    Options
    Appericite all the feedback