900 calorie breakfast

Options
oops! so delicious though and all nutritious things

do you ever accidentally make really high calorie meals? does it worry you?

Replies

• Cheryllynnhagen
    Cheryllynnhagen Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yes, but it's no accident.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    My breakroom serves muffins.

The most decadent, moist, beautiful chocolate muffins ive ever seen.

I ate a muffin for breakfast, thinking the whole muffin was 320 calories.

Turns out there are two servings in the muffin. So I accidently downed 740 calories before breakfast, in one muffin.

Oops.
  • silkribbonx
    silkribbonx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    haha right on
    my calorie limit is set to ~1500 so it seems like it's taking up most of my food for the day, but my main goal is to improve my eating habits so as long as i stay under 2200 i'm not worried
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    We regularly make 800-900 calories breakfasts/brunches on weekends, but it's a substitute for breakfast and lunch and is followed with a mid-afternoon snack and a reasonable dinner. It's nice to break up the routine a bit.
  • silkribbonx
    Options
    omg i used to live above a coffee shop that served muffins like that x____x
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I intentionally have large calorie dinners and after dinner snacks.

Eat all the foods!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options

I actually prelog everything BEFORE I eat. It makes it easier to adjust things.
    I'll give you an example: I'm making homemade nachos tonight. Since it will be higher in calories, breakfast and lunch have been altered to allow dinner calories.
    I get out all the ingredients and write down how many calories are in everything. Then I decide, based on the total calories of the dish, how big I'll make the portions. I do all this as I'm eating breakfast. Makes logging so much less complicated.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Accidentally make the high calorie food? No. Do I eat it? Hell yeah!! Does it worry me? Hell no!! When I decide to eat a lot (or most) of my calories in the morning, I'm sure I'll be satisfied til dinnertime. :drinker:
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Yes, on occasion. It usually disturbs me quite a bit. I normally skip breakfast or have a very large coffee with milk because my calorie max is very low.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    My breakroom serves muffins.

The most decadent, moist, beautiful chocolate muffins ive ever seen.

I ate a muffin for breakfast, thinking the whole muffin was 320 calories.

Turns out there are two servings in the muffin. So I accidently downed 740 calories before breakfast, in one muffin.

Oops.

Whoopsie apparently I cant do maths

• silkribbonx
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »

I actually prelog everything BEFORE I eat. It makes it easier to adjust things.
    I'll give you an example: I'm making homemade nachos tonight. Since it will be higher in calories, breakfast and lunch have been altered to allow dinner calories.
    I get out all the ingredients and write down how many calories are in everything. Then I decide, based on the total calories of the dish, how big I'll make the portions. I do all this as I'm eating breakfast. Makes logging so much less complicated.

i usually do this too but today i waited way too long to cook and didn't have the energy to think about it too much
  • silkribbonx
    Options
    Accidentally make the high calorie food? No. Do I eat it? Hell yeah!! Does it worry me? Hell no!! When I decide to eat a lot (or most) of my calories in the morning, I'm sure I'll be satisfied til dinnertime. :drinker:

i'm already hungry again, it never ends

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I have. Not really an accident. Sometimes it actually fills me up enough until 1pm though so it puts me back on track, it's when it doesn't that it sucks.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Recently. I forget what it was, but I wish I had looked it up before I ate it. Live and learn.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    yes and i enjoy them! LOLOL

i havent had a breakfast OUT since.... december? i dont know. but i do know that my belgian waffle with syrup and whip cream and butter and scrambled eggs and sausage (its turkey sausage, that helps, right? LOLOL) comes at a pretty (calorie) price

man, now i want breakfast.... LOL
  • silkribbonx
    Options
    yes and i enjoy them! LOLOL

i havent had a breakfast OUT since.... december? i dont know. but i do know that my belgian waffle with syrup and whip cream and butter and scrambled eggs and sausage (its turkey sausage, that helps, right? LOLOL) comes at a pretty (calorie) price

man, now i want breakfast.... LOL

breakfast foods always and forever <3

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I may or may not have accidentally done this for breakfast today....
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    pffft, I'd still be hungry after a 900 calorie breakfast ;)
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm a little too focused at the moment to make this mistake. I don't eat anything unless I know the nutritional information almost exactly. Which can be very frustrating as I never substitute anything at restaurants and when I do eat out its only at places that have everything posted online, which stinks because I live in Panama City beach and we have amazing local restaurants! And if I cook it at home, I scale everything like a crazed person. The only thing I don't count is my added salt which I probably should. But other than that, every mustard packet, stevia packet, drop of teriyaki or oil is added and logged. It's a little frustrating because sometimes I fear I'll get tired of all this effort and just stop caring. Lol but the good news is if you log it and log it correctly, you can always burn it off!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    I didn't accidentally have eggs benedict with peameal bacon on the weekend, but yes, I now regret it.