I did Uper and lower body workout 8 days and gain 2Lb why ?

Options
ritadavra
ritadavra Posts: 7 Member
edited March 2015 in Motivation and Support
I have been staying under my calories goal per day . Still I gain weight . What
M I doing wrong help ?

Replies

• My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Use a tape measure instead. I have gained 4lbs, but have lost 3 inches. Could just be retaining water.
  • ritadavra
    Options
    Thanks for your support ! Yes I can feet my tommy and waist line lot more lighter . I sure will do that ..
  • RickDube64
    RickDube64 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Using a tape measure instead of a scale is good advice. After a workout, your muscles retain water as part of the recovery process to build muscle, so that can account for an increase in weight. Lifting weights is exactly what you need to be doing. The more muscle you have, the more fat you will burn. The scale will move in time, just be patient. Stay with low carb and increased proteins and the fat will come off.
  • rkcampbell
    rkcampbell Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    RickDube64 wrote: »
    Using a tape measure instead of a scale is good advice. After a workout, your muscles retain water as part of the recovery process to build muscle, so that can account for an increase in weight. Lifting weights is exactly what you need to be doing. The more muscle you have, the more fat you will burn. The scale will move in time, just be patient. Stay with low carb and increased proteins and the fat will come off.

^^^THIS! I had to learn the same thing!
  • ritadavra
    Options
    RickDube64 wrote: »

• ritadavra
    Options
    Thank u so much for your help . Yes I will keep trying and not going to give up .
  • rsmrodgers
    rsmrodgers Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Maybe gained muscle
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have been doing hella cardio at the gym for a couple weeks. After a few days I found that I was up almost 7 lbs! It's discouraging...but like it was previously stated, when you drastically change your activity, you get small tears in your muscle fibers...they fill up with water as they heal (causing temporary weight gain), and after they heal, they are stronger! Continue this process over and over again and you'll start building muscle. The most important thing is to not let the discouragement force you to quit. Give it a few weeks! I'm slowly starting to lose the water weight. Verrry slowly :)