How often to weigh ?

Options
Hey all shall I weigh myself every night ? First day I'm starving but feel already better will this gimme the determination or once a week ?

Replies

• UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If I weighed myself everyday I would get frustrated, especially if I wasn't seeing the results I wanted.
    It's totally up to you!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. As long as you keep to your calorie goal, there's no reason that you have to weigh at all.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Everyday. Data points imo.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning. I weigh daily because I can never stand the curiosity, but I only check in with my weight (here) once a week and I pretty much expect some fluctuations during that time.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, and log it when I remember, whether the weight has gone up or down, or stayed the same.

I know my weight loss pattern, so I don't get fussed about the drops and the bouncebacks. I just take each day in stride.

Some people do better with daily weigh-ins; others with weekly.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Déjà vu
    3rd thread today on this subject

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I have gone from weighing myself several times a day to not for months(and using how my clothes fit as a metric)..Just depends where my mind is at. Sometimes I fear the scale (I would hate to work my butt off for a few weeks and see no change) other times I welcome as much information as possible.

I have been successful both ways.
  • Rashanti1
    Rashanti1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Once (sometimes twice) a week. In the morning after I wake up and use the bathroom and before I eat breakfast.
  • louiecherone862
    louiecherone862 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I weigh every morning, post-poop, pre-food/liquids.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. As long as you keep to your calorie goal, there's no reason that you have to weigh at all.

What.? Weight is a good way to determine if what you are doing is working.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you use the search function you will see there are multiple threads each day on this topic.
    There is simply no right or wrong answer on this and it has more to do with what suits you and your personality.

Some people weigh daily because they like data, like the reassurance or it motivates them.
    If you know you will fluctuate daily 1-4lbs and can handle that, then if you wnat to do daily, do it at the same time and same conditions. Plot the weight on something like trendweight so you cna see the trend as wekk as the fluctuations.

If daily is too much, too opressive, you get obssessed, anxious or you get upset by fluctuations or you cnat be bothered, then weigh less frequent, weekly, fornightly, monthly. This suits other people.

In any event dont just use weight as the sole citeria, use a tape masure, how you look in the mirror as well as performance records at the gym, lifting , speed and endurance to give you a vetter overall picture of improvements. Many people take a picture every month.
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Who cares if it's already been asked..