MFP weight loss counter unfair :(

Options
So I started here a few months ago and lost almost 10 lbs. than I found out I was pregnant. We were super thrilled and obviously my dieting was put on hold. I gained those 10 lbs. back. plus 1. Than 2 weeks ago we lost the baby. After letting my body heal I started my diet and I'm already down 5 lbs. but my ticker wont even register it! Wtf. I'm lower than my starting weight but not at what I had gotten to at my lowest. It seems unfair that if you gain a little weight it ruins your weight loss total.

Replies

• rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    I'm so sorry about the loss of your baby. :(
    I have no idea about those tickers. I can't figure them out at all.
  • mycrayons
    mycrayons Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that your baby is gone :) Cheers to you for getting healthy while you wait for the next one!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    You can change your starting weight on the ticket, that way it will show.
  • theladebug
    theladebug Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey -

Just go into your check-in area and there is a spot near the bottom to edit previous entries. This will let you delete out the old lower numbers and start fresh. It will also realign your ticker.

Sorry to hear about your loss :( Good luck in your journey!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry about your loss.

You can go in and change your starting weight and/or add or edit entries by going to Weigh in (or Check In), then click the link at the bottom for Edit Previous Entries. This should update your ticker.
  • Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss! Good luck!
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts r with you and your family.
  • Guarina
    Guarina Posts: 4
    Options
    sorry about your loss.... add me as a pal i can use the motivation...
    :ohwell:
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm going to search for that edit thing. I looked before but couldnt find it. It might be because I'm on my phone and not a normal PC.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Oh man, that is so tough. I was 9 weeks along when we found out our 3rd baby didn't have a heart beat. I'd already started wearing maternity pants and had gained about 13 lbs. It sucks all around. Sorry for your loss. Here we are 10 months after miscarriage and still not pregnant (though we have put it on hold for me to try to reach my health goals first this time around).

I'm so so sorry for your loss. Cry all you want. Talk to people. It's so tough to lose the possibility of what could have been. Everything happens for a reason, we just don't always understand why. Hang in there.... :flowerforyou:
  • Doing_me
    Doing_me Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    so sorry for your loss, hun! our thoughts and prayers are with you! I think there is a way to completely restart your ticker and start from scratch. Maybe change in goals or check in? :ohwell:
  • emilex
    emilex Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yes, I find it's much easier to do that type of stuff on the pc. the phone ap doesn't do all the "fancy" stuff that you can do on the pc. Sorry to hear about the loss of your baby, but glad to hear you are healing.
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thats how far along I was. Our due date was Thanksgiving. They said during the ultrasound at the ER they couldnt find a heartbeat. It was like we knew it for the last few days but didnt want to admit it.
  • rosaliabritt
    rosaliabritt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.
  • moyafigura
    moyafigura Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi, so sorry for your loss. I know how you feel, i went through it three times before i got pregnant again with my fourth (my older daughter) and even with her they told me 50/50, i was on bed rest and thanks to God she was born a month early but healthy with not a single problem. There is a reason to everything even though we may not understand it.