I refuse to eat sometimes

Options
I'm in the middle of a harassment situation at work and I've been smoking on my breaks rather than eating, and I'm consuming almost 400 calories less than I should be. I still eat normally when I'm at home, but when I get to work, I'm so consumed by stress I'd rather have a cigarette than a mango.

I know stress is one of the top diet-killers, so what have you guys done to get past it?

Edit: It's hard to deal with the stress because this harassment has been going on for months and has evolved to the point where I'm at my breaking point.

Replies

• karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Try not to let your work have all the power in your life! You can choose to have great healthy eating inspite of what they are doing. You will feel better and stronger to deal with the situation - don't let them win on any level! This is about changing your thinking and choosing to take the higher ground inspite of what others are doing at your job! You can do this for you!
  • cassieday
    cassieday Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Find time to exercise to vent some of the stress. I have a newborn and sometimes get soooo burnt out and stressed and dont want to eat so instead i go for a run which releases endorphins relieving my stress AND makes me hungry =)
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    When it happened to me I quit. :smokin: both the job and the smoking. Try e-cigs. hehe
  • FallingNinja0420
    Options
    When it happened to me I quit. :smokin: both the job and the smoking. Try e-cigs. hehe

I can't quit in this economy T_T If I drop below 39 hours, I lose my apartment.
  • ChinniP
    Options
    Of course I never stopped eating. I stress eat, not the other way around. I could have been thin!
  • ChinniP
    Options

I can't quit in this economy T_T I.

Indeed! Maybe fantasizing about quitting would be enough. :bigsmile:
  • FallingNinja0420
    Options
    Indeed! Maybe fantasizing about quitting would be enough. :bigsmile:

Haha, if only xD Welcome to 2011, am I right?
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I agree exercise is the best stress reliever!
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    first, go to someone in your company that can help you. Your supervisor, HR, even the President or CEO. Harrassment should never be allowed in the work place. If that doesn't work call the EOC!

Remember you are trying to get healthy...just like you've changed your eating, you've got to change the other things that are unhealthy...yep the cigs!

Best wishes for a speedy resolution!
  • finallyhappening2011
    finallyhappening2011 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the stressful situation at your job. I think you should really focus on limiting the cigarettes focus on yourself and your goals. I know its easy said than done. I wish you the best of luck you can do this.:happy:
  • FallingNinja0420
    Options
    first, go to someone in your company that can help you. Your supervisor, HR, even the President or CEO. Harrassment should never be allowed in the work place. If that doesn't work call the EOC!

Remember you are trying to get healthy...just like you've changed your eating, you've got to change the other things that are unhealthy...yep the cigs!

Best wishes for a speedy resolution!

Yes, I agree on the cigarettes! I don't smoke unless I start feeling like I've run out of options. And then I chain smoke... oh man, I hate that. It makes me physically ill. Ick.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    You need to call HR and report the harrasment...document everythign said and done in the meantime. don't risk your health and mental well being for some jerkwad loser. :(