Alternative to potato chips

Options
HELP!! I love potato chips! Does anyone have any suggestions for something crunchy and salty to take their place?

Replies

• LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Special K Cracker chips, Pop Chips, Vegetable baked chips, or raw baby carrots. :smile:
  • charwell
    charwell Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The Special K sour creme and onion chips are AMAZING...27 chips per serving and if memory serves me right...110 caleries...good luck~Chase
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    I eat SunChips. Still not as good as BBQ darn it!
  • finallyhappening2011
    finallyhappening2011 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Actually my doctor suggest eating 100 calorie packs of popcorn as a healthy snack. you should really think about buying the mini bags they are great.
  • stepherjensen
    stepherjensen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Skinny Sticks in Salt n' Vinegar or Maui Wowie YUM!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    What about baked chips? They are fewer calories, still crunchy and a little salty. Or try snacking on some ALMONDS!!!! Crunchy and HEALTHY! (small quantity though because they pack alot of fat in a small amount).

Or

My sister-in-law loves to eat apple chips... they are sweet, but crunchy.
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Edamame with sea salt. Not exactly a one-for-one replacement but they are really good, keep you satisfied, and easy to keep on hand. I always keep a bag of both the shelled and unshelled in the freezer.
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I agree on the special K crackers and pop chips. But, if you're like me, I can't eat just just a serving size, so having any of those around is dangerous!
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Pop Chips are the best! you can find them in the health food section of the grocery store. They have different flavors to choose from like BBQ, salt & vinegar, salt & pepper, etc.... I learned about them from Jillian Michaels.

4433730.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I love chips too and I still eat them. I am just better with portion control and moderation. I would say if you want chips have 1 serving of chips ore even 1/2 a serving. I count out the chips in a serving and then put the bag away so that I'm not tempted to eat any more than that. I think if I wouldn't let myself have chips (or anything else I like) I would eventually break down and eat a whole bag so I think having the things I like in moderation keeps me from binging later.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    kale chips, pork rinds, sweet potato chips-- all homemade of course (homemade is always better for you than packaged stuff!)
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    I've been doing almonds lately. The seem to really fill me up!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Synder's Veggie Straws or home-made kale chips or spinach chips. Put them on a cookie sheet, brush on olive oil and seasonings. Bake them in the oven until they are crunchy....about 5 to 10 minutes depending on the oven.
  • umphreym
    umphreym Posts: 4
    Options
    I love pop chips, but I also love the 100 calorie popcorn bags! Almonds are a good alternative as well as vegetable chips. Our whole foods store has whole crispy vegetables...they are dehydrated in a way they keep their shape, color and flavor and are quite good!
  • lpirie
    lpirie Posts: 24
    Options
    Lays light potato chips are only 70 calories for a personal bag
  • RaiTay
    RaiTay Posts: 21
    Options
    Nuts that are lightly salted work for me. :)
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Baked Kettle Chips. Curncy, salty, low calorie and Delish!

http://www.kettlebrand.com/our_products/baked_chips/#/our_products/baked_chips/?pid=18
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I eat SunChips. Still not as good as BBQ darn it!

i love my sun chips, im eating some now :]
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I recently saw "Light" potato chips at Walmart. I didn't look at them, but just an idea.
  • OhSnaps
    OhSnaps Posts: 25
    Options
    Actually my doctor suggest eating 100 calorie packs of popcorn as a healthy snack. you should really think about buying the mini bags they are great.

These are great!! Baby carrots are have a good crunch but nowhere near as good tasting as chips lol. Oh and almonds!