Any tips!?

Options
Krystalley
Krystalley Posts: 1
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Ugh new to this, want to start over, I really honestly lack consistency and will power!! My eating habits suck and my weight doesn't seem to get no where even near to where I want it. A little motivation would be the best!!

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Well first off ..Welcome! :) ugh, it is hard making changes at first..but it does get more routine and as time goes on it gets simplified.

I could have written what you just did! Anyone of us could have at some point. Setting a goal that's reasonable is by far easier to achieve. Sometimes setting a 5-10 lb goal on your ticker can help a great deal. Because looking at the whole picture can overwhelm a person.

When I feel out of sorts I pick one thing, only one at a time to get me back on track. For me it's always water, getting back to drinking a good amount of water. Set a goal and each time click your water glass (you'll see it in your food diary) and celebrate your achievement!

After you feel you've got that engrained, pick another goal and do the same thing. It can be anything from doing a 10 minute walk each day, to adding more greens, ...but keeping it simple when starting out ..well I can't say enough good about that.

Simplify and it's not so overwhelming :) Making one change at a time instead of trying to do it all in one day.. it just plain works better for most of us. :)

You CAN SO DO THIS!
    Check out the Success stories and you'll see ppl have lost 20, 50, 100, 200 and even 300 lbs putting one foot in front of the other. Gather your motivation there!

Making healthier choices a habit is like getting up and brushing your teeth, you almost don't even think about it after awhile, it becomes a part of your life.

Cheers for a brand new day full of hope and new choices for us all!

Hearts <3
  • steveadams2015
    steveadams2015 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Find a good honest friends on here and open your diary to them. We're all in this together:)
  • EDs3000
    EDs3000 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey consistency is key. They say it takes 26 days in order to develop a routine. So find a routine, and make that one of your many goals...
  • jcumba0904
    Options
    I'm new to this too!! I have the same issue as you but I am so motivated to cut out the bad eating habits I have. I consumed over 3,000 calories today that is soooooo much! Let's just stay focused and motivated. Good luck!!