Beach Body Programs

Options
13»

Replies

• rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've done a little bit of Insanity, T25, and Les Mills Combat. Insanity gave the fastest results, but it takes a greater toll on the body and is a hard intro program. T25 or LMC is what I'd recommend for getting started with. There's enough intensity that you KNOW you're body is working, but it's not too hard on the knees -- which is a huge complaint when starting a lot of these HIIT programs. T25 and LMC have modifier moves so that in the beginning or if you're just not feeling it that day, you can bring the moves down a notch. This is a great motivator! Because with Insanity, I knew that if I couldn't give it 100% then I probably wouldn't attempt that day's workout, because it's a mentally intense program just as much as it is physically. That's just a personal thing though. If you're someone that can power through regardless of you mental state then something like Insanity might work out great.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »
    I completed 2 full cycles of T25 and dropped 30 pounds of fat. I then started Insanity and finished 1 full cycle and put on 10 pounds of lean muscle. I'm on my second cycle of Insanity and the results are really showing.

These programs are primarily cardio and plyometric based and I definitely recommend starting with T25 and moving to the more intense Insanity. Also, T25 is only 25 minutes a day so it's a good program if you're crunched for time where the Insanity workouts are roughly 30-60 minutes.

Sorry, but just gotta call this one out. It is incredibly difficult to add 10 lbs of "lean muscle" (all muscle is lean, btw), even with a perfect bulking diet and heavy resistance training. I am familiar with Insanity, and am hard pressed to believe it is in any way physically possible to add 10 pounds of muscle mass in one cycle. Just ain't gonna happen.

Yea, no chance.
  • midpath
    midpath Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I just ordered t25
  • aimsterrz
    aimsterrz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    midpath wrote: »
    I just ordered t25

T25 is one I thought about ordering but I'm currently doing PIYO and I love it. I think TurboFire is next for me. And/or 21 day fix.