Belly Fat Help!

Options
Hi Guys!!

So I am now down to 162 after initially weighing 187 on Jan 1. I am at a point where I can see my stomach is much flatter but I have flab in the mid section and lower abs. I eat clean every day and enjoy a cheat meal once a week at most twice. I work out 6 days per week doing insanity now and other cardio. does anyone recommend any fat burners? Or perhaps special foods? Or something to really help me show my abs? I am getting aggravated and tempted to call it quits and just be happy I'm at a fit weight.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You just have to keep losing fat. You can't spot reduce.
  • kaspatore
    kaspatore Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    lift heavy
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    You just have to keep losing fat. You can't spot reduce.

^^^THIS. just keep at it man. some people lose it in other places first. most guys lose the lower ab fat last.. keep grinding
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    if a six pack is your goal, it's pretty much 95% diet. you need to just keep eating at a deficit and be patient.

seriously, you lost 20 pounds in two months, and you're upset you don't have a six pack yet?? it takes people years to get down to that low level of body fat percentage.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Yes, you just have to keep losing fat...but I would highly recommend doing some resistance training in addition to your cardio work...it does wonders for your body composition.
  • Biodaemonium
    Biodaemonium Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    kaspatore wrote: »
    lift heavy
    This. :D

• Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    kaspatore wrote: »
    lift heavy

If you are new to lifting, be sure to use proper form. Always use proper form.
  • quickjeff
    quickjeff Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all that have replied! I guess patience is key.
  • luvsubrooke
    luvsubrooke Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    As stated above, spot reducing is impossible. I actually had the same problem as you and I'm still working on it. Running is the only thing that is really making that extra stomach fat disappear. I do an incline program on my treadmill called "trail runner" twice a day. It's two miles of slow jogging at a max incline of 6. I also run another mile every evening. It's a lot of running but it's the only way I've been able to tone up that stomach! Don't give up, just run! ;)