Vegetarians Carbs intake?

Options
how much carb grams did you intake when your trying to lose weight?

Replies

• SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    dose not matter as most vegetarian diets are full of carbs and very little protien. stick to your calorie goal.
  • samiamorisseau
    samiamorisseau Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    dose not matter as most vegetarian diets are full of carbs and very little protien. stick to your calorie goal.

I eat 170 grams today I thought it would effect my weight loss I read some fitness health online for weight loss carb intake was 20 to 130. But I'm eating complex carbs from whole grain and vegetables fruits

• majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    So today (I just checked) my carbs were 82g while my protein was 105g. Not "full of carbs" today. My carb intake varies day to day. I tend to get a good amount of protein and fat because I eat a lot of cottage cheese, quinoa, greek yogurt, and tofu (a lot of tofu). When I make a fruit smoothie for breakfast I always include a scoop of protein powder to keep up the protein.
    My carb / protein / fat goal I think is listed as 40%/30%/30%, but what I actually cobsume swings around depending on what is going on that day - I don't worry about carbs as much as I just try to think about more ways to get protein.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

I eat 170 grams today I thought it would effect my weight loss I read some fitness health online for weight loss carb intake was 20 to 130. But I'm eating complex carbs from whole grain and vegetables fruits

Outside of medical conditions, carbs do not effect weight loss...you can eat carbs and lose weight...carbs aren't the devil...and yes, most vegetarians have relatively high carbohydrate intakes given that things like veg and fruit, etc are carbs...
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My carb intake is generally high because I do a lot of running through the week. Right now my goal is at 213 grams and I've eaten 131 grams. I'm working hard on getting my protein up.
  • samiamorisseau
    Options
    majoki wrote: »
    So today (I just checked) my carbs were 82g while my protein was 105g. Not "full of carbs" today. My carb intake varies day to day. I tend to get a good amount of protein and fat because I eat a lot of cottage cheese, quinoa, greek yogurt, and tofu (a lot of tofu). When I make a fruit smoothie for breakfast I always include a scoop of protein powder to keep up the protein.
    My carb / protein / fat goal I think is listed as 40%/30%/30%, but what I actually cobsume swings around depending on what is going on that day - I don't worry about carbs as much as I just try to think about more ways to get protein.
    How can I make cottage cheese taste better?? It taste gross

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    majoki wrote: »

It's just a matter of taste I guess. I love cottage cheese :smile: I mix a couple tablespoons into my protein smoothie, I add the same amount into my yogurt

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Also, I try not to go over 120g carbs. I don't think it really makes much of a difference re weight loss, unless carb heavy meals leave you hungry an hour later and craving more, so you end up eating over your calories. Which is exactly what happens to me.
  • Eagerlylookingforward
    Options
    Cottage cheese is easy to eat with cut up fresh fruit such as grapes, bananas, canned peaches etc. Also some savoury ways are to add cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers celery etc. then add salt, ground black pepper and squeeze some lemon that tastes pretty good.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I like cottage cheese plain, but it's also good with some cinnamon and nutmeg. Also with blackberries. :)
  • wideturn
    wideturn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I always eat my cottage cheese with a bunch of blueberries yumm
  • samiamorisseau
    Options

I like cottage cheese plain, but it's also good with some cinnamon and nutmeg. Also with blackberries. :)

Any salty flavors for cottage cheese?? I'm trying to not eat too much carbs for dinner