What to eat when you're not hungry?

Options
tch2talk
tch2talk Posts: 1 Member
I'm not very good at "dieting" and the biggest problem is the more I am aware of trying to diet or lose weight, the more I think about food and convince myself that I'm hungry. Does anybody have suggestions for low-cal, lo-carb, foods that won't add up that I can chomp on to help get through these first few days. Once I get over the hump of eating less and dumping sugary foods from the diet, I won't crave them. I just need a few suggestions to get me by for a few days. Thanks for the help!

Replies

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Apples helps me a lot!
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    A hot cup of coffee..:-)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    raw veggies?
  • Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Flavoured tea or coffee.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Not hungry? Don't eat anything.yuzrgg3z9nxh.gif
  • Lhen1989
    Lhen1989 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    green tea helps me a lot. It is healthy, and it is 0 cal. I agree with TheBeachgod though,
    Not hungry? Don't eat anything.yuzrgg3z9nxh.gif

It is mind over matter:) You can do it!
  • onlybeau6
    Options
    Drink cold lemon water.. The more it cold the more it filled u up :)
  • katielewis12plus
    Options
    PLAIN POPCORN make it yourself and it's 0 cal and super yum popcorn is the way forward
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    PLAIN POPCORN make it yourself and it's 0 cal

Typo?
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    tch2talk wrote: »
    I'm not very good at "dieting" and the biggest problem is the more I am aware of trying to diet or lose weight, the more I think about food and convince myself that I'm hungry.

This might help although it does not directly answer your questions about particular foods.

I am also terrible at "dieting" for the same reasons. You happened to use the words "aware", "think about", and "convince". I believe you are correct, most of the work is in our heads and permanently changing the way we think.

This time around (yo-yoed several times) I decided to alter my eating patterns permanently. Slowly move towards more vegetables and some protein and away from readily available carbs. Take up a new cuisine more suitable for this unit's particular age, gender, and size.

I have been more successful when I focus on the process, not on losing weight. Easier to focus on what I can have rather than what I can't have. It was not important if I made mistakes the first few days or weeks - i'm in it for a permanent change.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    PLAIN POPCORN make it yourself and it's 0 cal and super yum popcorn is the way forward

Popcorn has calories
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Even though you said low carb, popcorn is also my suggestion... I love 100 cal snack packs (kettle corn!!). Pair that with a glass of water and it's filling. Pretty much any carb is filling. But a big green salad with some balsamic vinegar will fill you up, too. How about some light Greek yogurt? Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt is only 80 calories and delicious.
  • kmatschke
    Options
    I do celery and radish in lemon olive oil dressing. Can add other veggies like green beans, I'm just picky. It's all cut and in the dressing in a zip lock at my desk all day. Guilt free snacking that still satisfies my craving. The lemon is a natural diuretic, the celery has healthy fibers. That's why those crash diets always have celery it "moves stuff along"
  • spangler1972
    spangler1972 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in my car a lot, so I keep a few car snacks to have when that urge arises. And -- this may not work for you, but -- I try to make it a) low calorie, and (importantly) b) something that I'll eat, but is not really something I particularly find delicious.

So, for me, that's either wasabi peas, or roasted soy nuts. I don't hate them, but I don't have any urge to eat the whole thing in one sitting. So, if I REALLY am hungry, it's something I can have when my body needs fuel. If I'm not, then I usually realize after about a handful of those ... yeah, I'm not going to eat right now.

In the end, you'll have to figure out what meets your calorie goals in a way that matches how you think, and how you want to operate. For me, the above helps to remind me that idle eating is what leads to overeating, and that's part of what needs to change as part of a healthy lifestyle. Your mileage may vary. Good luck.
  • twinoakbob
    twinoakbob Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've been eating radishes a lot lately 6 to 10 calories each and good fiber.