officially commited! anyone need a buddy?

Options
Hi guys, my name is rachel. I have used my fitness on and off to count calories. I have decided this is the year i will lose weight!!! No going back!! I am currently at 243 and want to get down to 150. I joined a gym and have been going at least 3times a week. I feel like im getting healthier already even though i haven't lost any weight yet. The only thing i am missing is.a buddy to work with lol

Replies

• kimberly2578
    Options
    Hi! Sounds like you are off to a great start!! You can send me a friend request if you'd like. I'm always looking for friends to cheer on and vice versa.
  • SerenityGrace
    Options
    I just signed up today. I wouldn't mind being a buddy!
  • kmorales_4
    kmorales_4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Add me. I need motivated more friends.
  • veronicaav1
    Options
    I just signed up too! My goal is to get down to 150, currently I'm 180. I am trying low carb, walking 4 times a week, no soda and more fish. Hopefully we meet our goals
  • millerenomek
    millerenomek Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, sounds like we are all starting our journey around the same time. I started a few days ago. My sister is my only current friend. I hope its OK that I add you guys. veronicaav1 you and I have the exact same numbers. I also weigh 180 and want to get down to 150. Good luck to you all. We can do it :smile:
  • rlc102287
    rlc102287 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! You are def. Closer than i am lol. I am also trying to cut out pop (i only ever drink diet but still want to fet rid of that lol), and started eating more fish too. With a 100 lbs to lose, i have a long journey ahead lol. Beat of luck to us both!!
  • aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Options
    Hi Guys, add me if you want. Also check out community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/31708608#Comment_31708608 it's the discussion board for people looking for new friends on MFP
  • millerenomek
    millerenomek Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Rlc my sister is on this journey with me and she's 244lbs not sure what her goal is but we still work together will ask her to add you. It makes such a difference having the support.
  • shaunelliswv
    shaunelliswv Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi there , as well as a buddy , set yourself an event challenge to work towards . Like a mini marathon , charity run, endurance event or just make one up . Good luck !!
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm down!!!
  • SerenityGrace
    Options
    Ok, how do we add others? I'm a newbie who obviously am lost!
  • Chevygirl06
    Chevygirl06 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I am and on again off again user and am also have totally committed this time!! I fell off the wagon pretty hard last year I lost about 10+\- lbs was going to the gym about 2/ week then u changed jobs and my gym stopped repairing there equipment and I just kinda quit all together but I am tired of being tired and feeling overweight!! I am currently 185 and my ultimate goal is 140!! Good luck everyone!! Also I have been taking vitamins from complete nutrition and I can't seem to take them without feeling nauseous all day!! I have tried taking before I eat during and after. Any suggestions maybe if I take them with milk!? Thanks in advance
  • veronicaav1
    Options
    /millerenomek, good luck to you too! I started a day ago, and gained 1 pound. Hopefully I see it go down soon
  • AquaticChickadee
    AquaticChickadee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'll be your buddy! I'm trying to get down to about 130 from 297. I've just started making plans today, so I'm feeling a wee bit clueless. Any buddies/support would be awesome. :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like!
  • rpgfreak128
    rpgfreak128 Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello good job i already lost 24 pounds in maybe 2months and not even working out i am in no way at all advertising this website or app or w.e but the information provided here is just 2 great 2 pass up honestly if you wanna lose the weight read this learn it get well informed it will help you this sure has helped me http://www.acaloriecounter.com/diet/

remember i am not advertising its just good information =D that everyone should read dont skip threw it read it all.

oh and sure we can be buddies
  • laurahickman14
    laurahickman14 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey, im looking for friends to help keep me motivated with positive encouragement- all friend requests accepted! And motivation shared back too ☺️
  • aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Options
    Ok, how do we add others? I'm a newbie who obviously am lost!

Click on the person's username under their picture, it will then come up with 'Add as Friend'
  • mariam_93
    mariam_93 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Would it be okay to jump on the adding you to my friends list which is currently empty. I just need a buddy to sort of keep me motivated. I've been struggling with this losing weight thing for my entire life and I'm about to start my first job in a week or so (previously being a student) and I think this is the perfect time to get back into staying healthy and keeping track of what I eat. I want to lose weight but sometimes I get a bit negative and obsessive about that so I want to change my thought process and outlook on being overweight and trying to lose weight. I mean if I want to lose weight that is a start and s positive decision. Anyway feel free to add me if you would like. Also I'm going to add some people from this thread - if you would like to accept please do and if not then that is your choice. Good luck to everyone with their journeys! God bless ☺️
  • rlc102287
    rlc102287 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there , as well as a buddy , set yourself an event challenge to work towards . Like a mini marathon , charity run, endurance event or just make one up . Good luck !!

Oh yea!! I already have one.i want to run in the zombie run here in town and i think its in august. Im so excited! Now to be the zombie or the victim... hmmm