The exercise really puts me off wanting to eat!

Options
nesian_twin
nesian_twin Posts: 198
edited March 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Seems like the more strenuous, the less I want to eat. Definitely more appetite control than when I didnt exercise. Anybody else feel the same? and for others exercise can make them hungrier which is opposite

Replies

• Shawnee73
    Shawnee73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I feel the same, I just have to keep eating like normal or else the hunger hits me like a tsunami the next day. It's worse in the summer heat, probably a survival mechanism.
  • nesian_twin
    nesian_twin Posts: 198
    Options
    Thank you Shawnee for being the only one who bothered to leave a comment :) and yes you're right I also think it's a survival thing
  • hazel307
    hazel307 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It doesn't necessarily make me want to eat less, but it does make me more motivated and aware of what I'm eating.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    After a very hard session it can take me hours to want to eat. Eventually though I get back to my usual "hungry all the time" feeling, but the only time I don't feel hungry is right after a hard effort.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Yes - I wind up eating a couple hundred less than I usually do on cardio days, for sure!
  • akirkman86
    akirkman86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have been running a lot and the long runs completely kill my appetite for the rest of the day. But I try to still eat a reasonable number of calories!
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I find that if I eat within 30 mins of my gym session (I try to go just before lunch), I have no hunger issues for the rest of the day. If I don't eat straight after, I'm tempted to gnaw my own arm off no matter what I eat for the next day.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Cardio? Maybe. Lifting? No. I want the whole house.
  • vanessangonzalez
    vanessangonzalez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That's me. I can't eat for hours after a work out. I'm just not hungry.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Yep.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Same here.

I can go for a run and not be hungry for hours. I lift in the morning and nobody had better get between me and the kitchen afterwards.