How many pounds can you lose in a month or two months

Options
I am weighting 228 now

Replies

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Can and should are two different questions.

You can lose a lot but it generally advised to aim for 1-2 pounds max a week. More you have to lose the more you can lose per week.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Is there a race? Get in tune with your body.
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    A lot. I once lost about 15-20 lb in 12 days of fairly severe food poisoning on vacation. I am not sure exactly what it was, but probably dysentery. Not just water, I finally weighed myself after getting back home. Still 12 lb under weight after one week back.

I don't recommend that to anyone.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,801 MFP Moderator
    Options
    In your other thread you ask about losing 30 pounds in a month. Please - stop with the unrealistic goals that can damage your health. Educate yourself - read the stickys here, learn about TDEE and macros, etc. Start weighing and measuring your food and logging everything that goes into your mouth. Move a little bit more each day, even if it's just a 10-minute walk. I think plenty of folks would like weight loss to go quickly, because we're tired of being fat. However quickly does not necessarily equal healthy or sustainable. You need to make changes you can stick with long-term. Otherwise you'll probably just gain back whatever you lose and then some. Ask virtually anyone on MFP, we've all been there and done that. ;)
  • rpgfreak128
    rpgfreak128 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In your other thread you ask about losing 30 pounds in a month. Please - stop with the unrealistic goals that can damage your health. Educate yourself - read the stickys here, learn about TDEE and macros, etc. Start weighing and measuring your food and logging everything that goes into your mouth. Move a little bit more each day, even if it's just a 10-minute walk. I think plenty of folks would like weight loss to go quickly, because we're tired of being fat. However quickly does not necessarily equal healthy or sustainable. You need to make changes you can stick with long-term. Otherwise you'll probably just gain back whatever you lose and then some. Ask virtually anyone on MFP, we've all been there and done that. ;)

very well said =D great advise plus we want to make good habits so we can keep the weight off no need 2 rush it make a better lifestyle not diet
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Depends on your routine, but at a max around 16lbs. Because of your weight I think you would be able to lose a bit above that max depending on how you went about it. MFP should let you set a max of a loss of 2lbs per week.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    1 month- 2-8 pounds
    2 months- 4-16 pounds
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    I'm around your weight. While it's tough to know without any other stats from you, I've been losing typically around 5 pounds per month.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    10-12lbs / month