High Protein Low Carb Food Ideas

Options
Anyone out there have some good high protein, low carb food ideas they'd like to share? I'm trying to get my cals up and have a low carb menu day today (30%), but I'm having trouble getting my cals up without eating to much food and keeping the 30% mark.

Any ideas?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Eggs are my go-to for that. Scrambled with some ham or cheese or veggies, or an omelette.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Kirkland turkey burgers FTW.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    If you eat meat, meat.
  • Katgan
    Katgan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Eggs - I hardboil a dozen at the beginning of the week and have one as a snack or with a meal when I need more protein.
    Seeds and Nuts - I put 100 calories of roasted pumpkin seeds or walnuts in individual snack bags to eat as a snack or add to a salad.
    Salmon - I keep small cans of wild caught salmon to add to salads.
    Beans - I make my own more as a stand alone meal - similar to a meatless chili.
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Gelatin (from pastured animals) is a great way to sneak protein into all sorts of things: coffee, smoothies, soups, make gummies, etc... It has no taste, but 11g of protein per serving (2Tbs).
  • foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, meatballs, eggs, steak and veg, chicken and veg, any meat and veg ;) i tend to eat my carbs as a side or something i can choose what the ratio is.
  • JimFuhrman
    Options
    Beef jerky.
  • angelbabe911
    Options
    If you're looking to increase calories without adding extra carbs Opt for meats with higher fat content (beef, pork, dark chicken meat), full fat dairy products or add nuts/nut butters to your meals. If you're looking for a crunchy salty snack, pork rinds are a great low carb alternative :)
  • YanskaNY
    YanskaNY Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I made a shrimp stir fry for lunch today - 4 oz of shrimp, two cups of peppers and onions cooked in olive oil., yum!
  • PinkyKiwii
    PinkyKiwii Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Bump : )
  • RalfyJ90
    RalfyJ90 Posts: 17
    Options
    Egg whites, grilled chicken, cottage cheese, veggies, almond milk........ A few.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Great thread, I am not doing no carb but trying to increase protein and decrease carbs and got some good ideas here. Thanks
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I eat shrimp great protein