What's the best way to burn calories?

Options
I need some advice! :o

Replies

• joejward95
    joejward95 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just eat less, by far the easiest thing to do.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Don't consume them in the first place.

You can't out-race your fork. reducing calorie intake is 80% or more of weight loss.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I like walking. I am fortunate to live in an area surrounded by countryside and only an hour from the peak district. Nothing nicer than a stroll around a lake, through a field or over a hill.
    I also love swimming. It is great because it is a mixture of cardo and resistance.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Shoveling &*%$ing snow
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Anything that gets your heart rate up will increase your calorie burn. There's lots of talk of a fat burning zone but I get a different opinion on that depending on who I talk to. I watched a YouTube video recently with pylometrics or it may of been plyometrics. Basically jumping, lunging, squatting, bouncing etc for a sustained effort and period of time. I think I'm going to have a go at that the next time I can't get to the gym.

If you can think of a better way to get your heart rate up, go for it
  • supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Whatever activity you enjoy. If it doesn't feel like a chore it's easier to get it done and repeat it throughout the week.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is based on CICO. One could run a marathon, but if they surplus more than they burn, they wouldn't lose weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png