saraylarroc
saraylarroc Posts: 16 Member
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hoping to lose 30lbs in 60 days

Replies

• jessicamanzanares
    jessicamanzanares Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What kind of change are you looking to make? Gluten-free, mostly veggies, lean meats, juicing, etc?
  • saraylarroc
    Options
    Willing to try anything. I recently relocated to the south and the cuisine here has helped me gain 30lbs of fat. Loved eating every pound of it. Hahahah #piekills
  • jessicamanzanares
    Options
    Oh man! I just visited New Orleans and even though I was only there a week, I noticed a difference in the way I felt from all the crap I was eating! Yumm!! ;)
    I would recommend maybe holding off on going out to eat for a while. Instead, start packing your lunch, and making enough food to freeze and eat throughout the week.
    I was recently in the hospital for pneumonia and sepsis... at 22! Between work and classes I was eating horribly, if at all. Once I got sick my parents (big into organics and a "raw" diet) sat me down and taught me how to eat.
    I've learned that a good thing to keep in mind is: Food is fuel; you'll get out what you put in.
    Well, that's really all I can think of at the moment but feel free to message me if you ever need encouragement or if you have questions!
    Good luck!!! :D
  • jessicamanzanares
    Options
    Oh!! I forgot to mention: the weight loss will come with the "Food is fuel" thing. Just stick to mostly veggies, some fruit, a little lean meat and some nuts & seeds. Try cutting out/avoiding grains, wheat & starches. :)
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    How heavy are you, that you think you can lose 6pounds a week?

My suggestion is to update your goal to losing 5-10pounds total in 60days, about 1-2pounds per week.

Wedding planning is stressful enough. Don't need to add weight loss stress to it.
    Do you eat when you're stress, like many people do?

For my wedding, I also dieted like crazy for 3months, to lose 15pounds:
    - working out 10times a week (run 6miles in the morning, and 1hr cardio class after work), and
    - didn't eat much.
    Yes, I lost the weight and body fat (and lean body mass), but I wasn't a happy person during those 3 months.

As of this week, I weigh LESS than I did before my wedding (even after 2 kids), and I'm doing it the right way:
    - eating proper food/macros
    - weight training
    - taking it slow
    Yes, I got to have pie on pi day. It's part of my allotted calories.

Good luck.
    Amanda
  • saraylarroc
    Options
    @jessicarivera, thank you for the advice I sure will keep that in mind. I travel a lot for work so meal planning is something I'm gonna have to give a try. I hope you get to feel better. Pneumonia sucks. I know how you feel. The coughing is the worst. It will literally exhaust you.
  • saraylarroc
    Options
    @huango, I went to the DR. On Friday and was prescribed Phentermine. So far so good. Thank you for the advice. 10x's a day?!? That's the motivation in need. Lol. I'm gonna start doing at least 45 minutes of cardio 5 times a week.
  • Amml55
    Amml55 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    With a strict exercise and eating plan it can be done. My sister in law did it 2 yrs ago. I was shocked. She broke her leg at work and was gaining weight rapidly. I'm planning on an early Winter wedding 2016. I want to lose 50-60 lb by then. Right now want to lose 25 lb before our engagement shoot.
  • saraylarroc
    Options
    Congratulations!!!