diabetic concerns

Options
Hi I have concerns re my blood sugar levels.
I have PCOS, not on any medication and have a good 30kg to lose. I started having symptoms pertaining to diabetes: dry mouth, constantly thirsty, urinating frequently, blurred vision and itching. I bought a blood glucose monitor and my readings vary from 6.0 to 14.0

I went to the GP who did a full blood panel and told me to phone in for results. I did this and the practice told me that my bloods came back normal and no further appointment was necessary.

I don't understand why I have these symptoms.
I eat well, currently following a low sugar and low fat diet. Exercise x3 per week minimum and drink 2litres of water per day.

Any advice appreciated x

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,720 Member
    Options
    Did you find out exactly what tests were carried out? Was it an HBA1C or a glucose response test? Readings in the 4.0 to 6.0 range would be considered normal on the blood glucose meter, if testing two hours after the start of a meal, or fasted first thing in the morning. Have you told the doctor that you get readings from 6.0 to 14.0?
  • bignyash
    bignyash Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I made an appointment to go tomorrow to discuss blood results. It was HBA1C that was done but I wasn't given the reading- just that is normal. Showed the doctor my notepad with times and readings. I also showed her MFP and she was happy with nutritional summaries.