Looking for friends

Options
Hi. I am looking for friends for encouragement and support. I am 35 years old. I am currently trying to lose weight even though my goal on MFP says to maintain. It has me at about 1700 calories so if I eat below that I will lose weight. I would rather know the maximum number I can eat without gaining weight. Seeing it go in the red is discouraging when it is set at 1200 calories and I eat 1300 calories even though I know I am still eating at a deficit. I would rather just try to eat between 1200-1700 everyday and not stress over it too much. Hopefully this will work for me trying it this way. Good luck everyone. Feel free to add me or leave a message here so others can add you too!

Replies

• rachelwindon
    rachelwindon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi ... I started Lite&Easy (1500 calories a day) and found that really helped cause you get all 3 means and snacks ... 6 weeks in and I am now down to 1200 a day on Lite&Easy. I found that I was over doing it with my portion sizes, or maybe I just didn't understand it enough to do myself.
  • dragonfly256
    dragonfly256 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of that. I might look into it. I can do 1200 for a short period of time but it is not something I can do for a long time. When I am counting calories I am fine. It is a couple of months after I stop counting I fall into old habits and I start to eat a lot more than I should. I wish I can be normal and not have to count calories.
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I haven't heard of that. I might look into it. I can do 1200 for a short period of time but it is not something I can do for a long time. When I am counting calories I am fine. It is a couple of months after I stop counting I fall into old habits and I start to eat a lot more than I should. I wish I can be normal and not have to count calories.
    Same with me. Looks like you're gonna have to log even in maintenance. I was doing fine when I was logging, but last summer there were too many parties, barbecues and other kinds of get-togethers and it just carried out through the winter. So here I am again. I'll send a request.
  • CBak3r12
    CBak3r12 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for the same motivation feel free to add me
  • rachelwindon
    rachelwindon Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I know it can be a little much at times. Try preparing your food on a Sunday for the week (or another set day should you be working that day). Bag each day and label them eg "DAY 1" etc. Keeping in mind to do your salads on DAYS 1-3 to ensure freshness and them veggies the following days. Do the same for your Frozen stuff (bag each day).
    Does that make sense??
  • cyclingrick73
    cyclingrick73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Trying to fig out what my in take should be. so for at what MPF suggest for me is working. But still a little hungry in between meals.
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It has me at about 1700 calories so if I eat below that I will lose weight. I would rather know the maximum number I can eat without gaining weight. Seeing it go in the red is discouraging when it is set at 1200 calories and I eat 1300 calories even though I know I am still eating at a deficit. I would rather just try to eat between 1200-1700 everyday and not stress over it too much. Hopefully this will work for me trying it this way.

Totally agree! I've had success using this method as well. I added you :smile:

• jerseygene
    jerseygene Posts: 129 Member
    Options

I know it can be a little much at times. Try preparing your food on a Sunday for the week (or another set day should you be working that day). Bag each day and label them eg "DAY 1" etc. Keeping in mind to do your salads on DAYS 1-3 to ensure freshness and them veggies the following days. Do the same for your Frozen stuff (bag each day).
    Does that make sense??

This is what i do a lot of the time as i work shifts and nights it is easier to pre prepare meals for the days that i am not home and it means i don't have to worry that i will go over on those days.
  • dragonfly256
    dragonfly256 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the wonderful advice and support!!! I feel like this time I will succeed!

• doingItIn2012
    doingItIn2012 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    please feel free to add me
  • kjerome101
    kjerome101 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Always in need of motivation and support.. Feel free to add me :)
  • oriaku
    oriaku Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great! Add me please!
  • DaddyFit77
    Options
    Feel free to add me too if you would like.....I started my WL journey about 2yrs ago at a starting weight of 300+lbs.....down to 190lb now and it is TOUGH but possible.....hard work and calorie counting is the deal...it isn't a diet it is a lifestyle change...and think long term. Doing it too fast will set you back in my opinion and experience.....wishing you all the best of luck!!
  • bb4886
    bb4886 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, i had an operation last year and piled the weight on after, im trying to loose the final 30lbs now :)
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have lost 131 lbs with 119 to go anyone can feel free to add me. Remember eating to little isn't good either your body will think it's starving and shut down your metabolism.
  • summercore
    summercore Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I added you too! I do the "Sunday meal planning" thing as well and get most of my foods portioned out ahead of the work week. Not only has it saved time, but it's really stopped my desire for "unplanned" snacking or eating out because I'm too tired to make dinner when I get home. So far I've lost 96.3 lbs within the last year, but I hit a serious plateau lately that I could use some friend support to break through and keep motivated!
  • Oseguera1991
    Oseguera1991 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm always in need for some support and motivation also :). Feel free to add me.
  • lizp114
    lizp114 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    everyone feel free to add me....I support you and you support me and we can get this weight off together.
  • SimplyMzDiva
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new to MyFitness Pal and I am looking for friends and a support system as I travel through this journey called Weight Loss. For those interested I am also documenting my journey via YouTube: Simply MzDiva , Feel free to subscribe to my channel and/or check my videos out of my weight loss journey/progress. I wish each of you much success and luck in your journey.
  • samanthamarkham8
    samanthamarkham8 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi add me