Can someone point me in the right direction?

Options
I've reached my goal weight but have quite a bit of toning to do now. I've mastered losing weight. I've done it now three times after having my last three kids but no idea how to tone. My belly specifically. It's pretty flat but very loose from all my pregnancies. Any tips on how to start and what to do? I only work out at home.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Try New Rules of Lifting for Women. or this thread

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

and congrats on getting to your goal weight!!!!
  • Lovefastball99
    Lovefastball99 Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    There is the perfect thread to address your question under "General diet and weight loss". It's at the top. It's pinned so it won't go anywhere. Title is "so you want a nice stomach"... Wish I could copy and paste the link but I can't find how on my phone. Anyway- excellent advice. Read that ;)
  • Lovefastball99
    Lovefastball99 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Try New Rules of Lifting for Women. or this thread

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

and congrats on getting to your goal weight!!!!

Yeah that one!
  • wandalula
    wandalula Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    New to this and also have a question. I am following the 1200 cal/day plan. Goal to lose 20-30lbs. But, also doing cardio 3x's/wk and strength training 3x's/wk, will I be taking in all that I need to continue on a healthy path? I am not looking to put on muscle, just tone up what's there. So the current protein allotment is ok? I think it's 60gm. Is there a need to increase?
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Depends on a lot of variables...your age, height, etc. You could start by only eating back your activity calories when you are hungry, or only eating a portion of them and then adjust as necessary for losses. I am on 1200 calories a day also, exercise around 5 days a week and rarely eat back exercise calories. But I am older and have a total of 40-50 lbs to lose and ten to lose slowly. on 1200 calories a day I am losing 1-2 lbs a week.