Round 2 - Need New friends!

Options
I've started my weight loss journey again and it appears all my friends have disappeared. :( I like reading and seeing what everyone is doing... so please add me!

The first time I tried MFP was back in 2011 and I lost 40 lbs over 1.5 years. I was 1 lb away from hitting my goal and then I went all crazy with the food. Sadly, I gained quite a bit (NOT ALL!) of that back so here I am again. I've been logging for 21 days again and have already went from 153 lbs to 146 lbs. I have plateaued a bit at 146, and hope to see 145 again this week. I did see it for a brief period last week but then... I was bad.

Height: 5' 3.75"

HW: 172 (well 174 but not recorded!)
CW: 146.8
GW: 130.0

WHAT I'M DOING:
- Calorie Counting: I'm trying to stay under 1250 calories / day and a bit more if I exercise that day.
- Food Choice: I'm not forbidding any food, otherwise I'll binge. Instead, I'm back to small amounts of bad things but overall trying to make healthier choices.
- Water: I'm ensuring more water. Instead of having a 2nd cup of tea while at work, I'm drinking more water. I went from drinking 1x 16 oz tumbler a day to 2-3.
- Jawbone UP24: I am wearing a tracking wristband that keeps track of my steps, exercise, and sleep. Apparently this model has the best sleep tracking out there, and I really enjoy it's wake up methods AND the fact that it will vibrate me if I'm sitting for an hour with no movement. It's a nice reminder to get off my *kitten*. It also connects with the MFP app which means MFP sends over my food intake for the day, which UP then calculates on a scale of 1-10. 10 = the healthiest food choices, while 1 is bad. I like seeing the easy to understand numbers. I have been ranging from 7-9 each day.
- Withings Smart Body Analyzing Scale: I have started using the scale as of last week, and I really think it's helping. I enjoy the additional features and the fact that it uploads my weight to MFP and UP automatically. I do weigh myself every day as that is what motivates me to make great choices. Generally speaking, if I behave with my food the scale DOES drop .2 to .6 / day.
- Measuring: I used to measure, and I stopped. I am now going to measure the last Saturday of each month and track it. When I look at today's measurements, I'm reminded I didn't get as heavy as I once was, and this is inspiring as well.
- Walking/Jogging: As of last week, I started taking my Great Dane for walk/jogs. We are doing the same 2 km route over and over, with the hopes of jogging the whole route. Day 1 took 23 minutes @ 19.2 min/mi and today we did it in 17 minutes @ 14.4 min/mi. Lincoln is an awesome jogging partner because he doesn't judge how slow I am. Even if he is still walking while I jog. haha. Since Tuesday of last week, we have gone out 6 times. :smile:

Anyway, that's my plan in a nutshell.

BE MY FRIEND! ;)

Replies