PCOS and Weight Loss

Options
2»

Replies

• jezebellle23
    jezebellle23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    mhulgan wrote: »
    There is a PCOS group on here that you might want to join. Everyone is super supportive!

Where can I find this group?
  • wyldewombat
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I've been trying for ages to actually lose. Gym almost every day, usually pretty close to my calorie goal for 2 lb loss, and usually what happened is... nothing. I didn't gain, but I didn't lose, either. I just get stuck within a 5-lb area where I fluctuate, and nothing else happens.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I was where you were at Wylde. I was stuck at 233 and no budging. I'd go up or down one or two lbs. I'm trying to remember what changed in my life to make the weight drop.
  • MsBeverleyH
    MsBeverleyH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Where can I find this group?

This link should do it: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3070-p-c-o-sis

:smile:

• AndineC
    AndineC Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the link :)
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I suffer with PCOS. I eat 1480 calories a day. I have lost steadily since I started on January 10th and am now down 20lbs.
    I've always struggled with my weight. Sometimes I over eat. Weight goes on. I've been much better since quitting birth control pills. They made me fatter than ever :(

• _Moxie_
    _Moxie_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have tears in my eyes, because I just found this thread! I was diagnosed with PCOS LAST week - and have started on 1000mg of Metformin this week. I'm desperately wanting to lose weight - and be able to have a child. It was encouraging to read that other women know what I'm experiencing, because I don't know anyone in my personal life that have PCOS.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS, but I am not insulin resistant. Hormonal birth control and buying a food scale has really helped. I find that lower carbs from starches and breads help. Looooots of dark leafy greens and lean meat. I also have cholesterol issues, so exercise has really been a big part of my journey. Maybe get tested for other conditions, thyroid or insulin resistance to see if there are more issues holding you back.
  • natkaye
    natkaye Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    When I didn't have a stuffed up knee, HIIT exercises paired with weights helped the most. Also doing the couch to 5 ( I hate cardio and running so this made it bearable) and counting my calories. Metformin I found was a waste of time for me didn't do anything, but I'm not insulin resistant so theoretically it wouldn't, I was on the pill since I was 14 for pretty horrid acne I only found out I had PCOS when I got off the pill 3 years ago (20) and just had really irregular cycles, I cried for weeks I was so depressed thinking I wouldn't be able to have children..... which luckily for me its not the case there are different severities of it sometimes you can have PCOS and not the symptoms, some people can have some of the symptoms but not all therefore they have PCOS and not the syndrome so figuring out to what degree you have PCOS is a good starting point. I currently have a marina, and don't really feel its done much except made the mood swings less :)