New Year and looking for some motivating friends

Options
As I reflect on this past year and my struggles and look forward to a new year. I am setting my goals for the New Year and am looking for some new friends to add to my list for some additional motivation. One of my goals this year is to run a 10K. Thank you in advance for the additional motivation.

Replies

• IndependentMe
    IndependentMe Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to a new year. Feel free to friend me! I used to run, but can't with this much weight and a recent asthma scare. Learning to live with asthma, will lose the weight and hope that I, too, can realistically say a 10k will be in my future!
  • CRMillsap
    Options
    o:) Hello...I'm a little nervous about this bc I want to know this can b trusted. So here I go...I would love to support and love your support. I need to buckle down now and get refocused. I want to loose about 20lbs by Spring Break. Can't wait to hear from you all.
  • dseign
    dseign Posts: 25
    Options
    How are you all doing? It's been 72 days and I've lost 14lbs. I started out low carb and 1000. I then worked up to 45 min of brisk walking on the treadmill. It's been a slow moving loss. I've heard people tell me that I need to eat more and I tried that; all it did was stall me or cause me to gain, so that relational doesn't work. I think it's because a rapid gain of nearly 60lbs, granted I was very thin, and a loss in muscle mass, due to a huge life change 4 years ago, coupled with age, has made this a serious challenge. I don't suggest anyone gain a serious amount over 40. It's too hard to get it off. I'm still committed, but the journey is daunting. I hope you all are fairing better!