Anyone have advice on which Fitbit to use ?

I am looking at the fitbit I like the features of the charge HR and the surge but I don't want to shell out the cash if they are as inaccurate as some of the reviews on Amazon. I like these models for the heart rate and the sleep monitor . But from the reviews seem to be mixed . So if anyone uses a fitbit which model and how much has it helped you ?

Replies

• I have a Garmin vivosmart and it's pretty good but I really want the amiigo band.
  • eastrehlo
    eastrehlo Posts: 3 Member
    I have the Charge HR, and I love love love it! I upgraded from the One a few weeks ago and have been super impressed. The heart rate monitor seems to be just about as accurate as my husband's chest strap one, and the sleep monitoring is almost as accurate as my old BodyBugg. It occasionally will register as "restless" instead of "awake" if I'm only awake briefly and don't move around much, but otherwise is pretty darn accurate. Having used both the BodyBugg and the Fitbit One, I will say that the Charge HR is vastly superior to both as far as accessibility and amount of data.
  • superbeastbjj
    superbeastbjj Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you ! I will look into the Charge HR .
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    I had the Surge after really loving the Fitbit Force. I have used another fitness tracker with a HRM chest strap for years, so I was excited about the included HR on the Surge or Charge. Short answer is, while the new technology for the LED heart rate monitor works for some people, it did not come close for me. That said, it is worth a try. I would recommend going with the Charge over the Surge though to save $$$, unless the GPS is some must-have for you. It kills battery life overall and I didn't find it too useful.
  • BeckyD1105
    BeckyD1105 Posts: 444 Member
    I upgraded from the One to the Charge HR as well and I absolutely love the Charge HR. One of the things I like the best about it is if you put it in exercise mode while working out, you can see a graphic later of what your heart rate was during the entire exercise time. I have a Polar FT7 as well and the calorie burns the Charge HR are comparable to the Polar.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I compared all the models, and I decided on the Zip last year. Partly because I'm cheap frugal and it's the lowest priced, but also because I just wanted the basic features - track steps and estimate daily cals, and keep it out of sight - I didn't want a bracelet, and liked that the Zip could clip to my bra and be undercover.

I had issues with the replaceable battery on my Zip dying after just a few weeks, and hubby surprised me with a Fitbit One for Christmas. I love that is still clips to my bra, and I'm also enjoying the fact that it tracks my sleep and stairs climbed. I am rarely around stairs, but when I am it's nice to get those steps logged too! And I find the sleep tracking interesting.

The One has a rechargeable battery and holds a good charge for well over a week, and is easy to plug into the USB on my laptop when I'm watching TV or something and get it charged back up.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2015
    I have the Surge currently (I've had a Flex and Zip as well). For me the Surge is fairly accurate. The HR tracking during exercise matches what my chest strap HRM would give me and gives me slightly few calories.

Overall, I've had mine for a little over a month now. So far, it has proven to be accurate enough for weight loss. I might have to make some slight adjustments when I get to maintenance, since it seems to slightly under estimate my calorie burns.
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    A wrist-based HR is not nearly as effective as one with a chest strap. I love my FitBit One.
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    I have the Charge and LOVE it! I would have gotten the HR, but at the first of January, they were VERY hard to find .... I have no regrets on my purchase. If you get one, you may want to look at a "fitbit belt" (got mine on Amazon)--- it's a little rubber "belt" that goes over the strap so that if it accidentally comes unhooked, you won't lose it off your rest. It's like 5.00 for a set of 2 (includes shipping)-- kind of pricey if you consider it's just a small piece of rubber, but worth it to protect your investment.

Enjoy!
  • csillers13
    csillers13 Posts: 35 Member
    I have the fitbit Charge HR....and I'm in love! Its worth the money!
  • wbplummer
    wbplummer Posts: 3 Member
    I had a flex and found it counted my making dinner and chopping vegetables as steps. I changed to the One. Love it. I hook it on my bra strap. I think in a tank I would just put it on the tank. Very accurate.
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Loving my Charge HR so far!!! and kinda obsessed that I have to charge sooo often... LOL!!!
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    I have the One. I started with a Flex and switched to the One. I really prefer not having one on my wrist.
  • kjflaherty
    kjflaherty Posts: 27 Member
    I have the flex now, had the fitbit one before. I loved the one, but I kept washing it because I forgot to un-clip it from my bra or pants. Flex is ok - it's redeeming quality is Bluetooth syncing and being able to do challenges with friends.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    I look at the "accuracy" issues this way.

I'm a beginning amateur athlete. It doesn't so much matter if the hr is accurate as long as it is consistent. If it's always 10bpm off, that's fine. I can still use that data. It still shows my zones and effort level changes.

That's good enough.

Next time I will go garmin though.