To eat or not to eat

Options
2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    enjoy the dinner with your grandparents and then move on the next day …

dieting/lifestyle change should not ruin the limited time that you have with family
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    huango wrote: »
    @CharlieBeansmomTracey‌
    without knowing her calorie allowance eating 200 less per day may not be the route to go especially if she is only eating say 1200 a day.
    telling someone to eat less to save calories is not good advice in my opinion..
    you cant roll over calories like minutes on a phone.if you go over one day thats fine,just get back to eating better the next day.no need to feel guilty

Yes, you can roll over your calories.
    It's an average of several days, several weeks, etc.

How do I know this?
    I've been very successful at 5:2 FAST, banking 600+calories per day over the past 2.5months to lose almost 13pounds (I only have 5pounds left).

The 200/800/1000 numbers were just suggestions.
    Main point was to bank your calories, and withdraw them on Saturday's dinner.
    maybe for you thats fine, but eating less than 1200 calories a day is not recommended(unless a dr is overseeing your care). 1200 for a woman is for someone who is short stature or sedentary. we dont know the posters caloric allowance is,so telling her to eat less so she can eat more one day to me is defeating the purpose. we also dont know her activity level,if its high or she is on her feet all day then hardly eating anything to "save" calories also is not good advice. to me (any many others) there is no need to eat so little and maybe feel and be miserable just to have one high calorie day.she can accomplish the same thing with some exercise before or after,watching what she eats, and controlling her portions.

There's nothing wrong with banking your calories for a few days to enjoy a meal. You don't damage yourself by eating under 1200 calories for a day or two.

And it's not defeating any purpose. The goal here is to be at a rolling deficit. That means you can be over one day and make up for it over the next few days, as long as overall, you're at a deficit.

OP, enjoy the meal, don't sweat it.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Eat.

It's one day!

Order whatever you like best and enjoy it.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    What they said ^^^^^
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    hey

I'm going out this weekend with my grandparents. Like all grandparents they like to give me food, which I can refuse. However we are going out for dinner and the food is all very high in calories. Just dinner and desert alone covers my whole intake. What should I do? I want to enjoy dinner and a desert. Any suggestions?

1) Exercise. Before you go, on the days leading up and on the day itself, get in some long bicycle rides, a good hike or two, a spinning class or two, a run, or whatever exercise you prefer. Exercise long enough that you burn 1000 calories.

2) Eat less the day before and day after.

3) Check the calories. These days, restaurants and cafes put their menus and nutrition data online so you can look up the choices, and pick the best one.
    I did that with a cafe this weekend. I wanted a sweet treat in the middle of my bicycle ride, so beforehand, I looked up the calorie counts for everything and was able to select the one with the lowest calories. I also discovered that the one with the highest calorie count is my favourite choice. :(

4) Order a large tossed salad without dressing as your first course. Order veg instead of chips or potatoes. Share your meal with others.
    I did that at a restaurant this weekend. There weren't many good choices on the menu, so I ended up sharing half my dinner with my husband. But I ate my whole salad.

• lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Try looking at the menu ahead of time to find something that fits into your calorie range. Or, you can ask for a "to-go" box at the beginning of your meal and put half of your food in it before you even start eating. Out of sight, out of mind.
  • francesca5253
    Options
    Thank you guys for your suggestions. I shall have a think about it. :p