do u believe in the old saying... love topic...

Options
mishelnkiki
mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
right person wrong time?? i am so super excited that i just HAVE to share this with my MFP family! i got an email on fb the other night from the one person i would have NEVER thought i would get one from. THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!!! we have all had that first love. u know, the one u never TRULY get over. the one u find urself 10 years later thinking about. the one u wonder... hmmm.. i wonder where life has taken him.

we talked a lil thru facebook, and get this... a week later, we are STILL talking! i was with him for 4 years. thru most of high school and a lil bit after high school before we decided to split way... young... things happen. but we now have a date for tomorrow. its so weird bc his brother was married to my sister at one time. he lived with my sister and his brother. they are no longer married but he still wants to see her and her family. i have had two children since then. its all sooooo weird.

but with that being said, he is just as excited as i am to see how things go between us. he described me as the one that got away. how sweet is that?? anyways, i just wanted to share that bc not everyone gets a second chance with their first true love and i think its really cool that here we are ten years later, seeing if we can start fresh. everyone please keep ur fingers crossed for me! thanks!

Replies

• BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    So happy for you, really. I hope you have an amazing time and everything works out. You deserve some happiness in your life doll. Keep me posted on how it all goes.
  • lilac01
    lilac01 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Aww that's so sweet!!! Have fun tomorrow!
  • Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hope things work out for you!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It's probably weird for me to admit that I believe in the phrase. Though, I got over my first... Haha. I'm sure that if you two ever link up again, it should be better this time around. Good luck, and good stuff for you!
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    My fingers are cross on both hands for you. GOOOOD LUCK.:tongue:
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Awwwww .... that is awesome!!! I'd be crazy excited if I were you. You most definitely should update us about how it all goes... I love love stories... I'm a hopeless romantic... :)
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait to hear how it goes!!!!!! I'm hoping for the best for you! keep us updated!

4433730.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Have a great time!

I have one that of those, I was too selfish at the time to see what I had.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I been there. Talk to her on occasion still after what 15 yrs but eh the past the past. Maybe for yall itll work out.. I guess that means you wont be coming to see me with just your hrm anymore though.:sad:
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Almost like a friggin' chick flick...just kidding on that one. I am hoping the best for you, sincerely!
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you!! Keep us updated on how it went. I am a sucker for romantic stuff!!
  • KayleighDawn13
    Options
    I hope your date goes well! And you MUST share how it went! You deserve someone who will make you happy! I have one of those. 7 yrs later I still think about him constantly! We were best friends then his new gf ended that. But I still think about him! HAVE A FABULOUS TIME!!!!
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    that's so cute! first guy i ever dated lasted over a year before we split. we stayed friends and got back together 5 years later. iactually married that guy a couple years ago - can't imagine ever being happy with anyone else.

whether it works out or not, i'm glad you're getting the chance to see.
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    that's so cute! first guy i ever dated lasted over a year before we split. we stayed friends and got back together 5 years later. iactually married that guy a couple years ago - can't imagine ever being happy with anyone else.

whether it works out or not, i'm glad you're getting the chance to see.
  • Kelnurse
    Kelnurse Posts: 145
    Options
    Thats exciting girl! Hope u have a wonderful time on ur date! :)
  • JenInAustin
    JenInAustin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The nice thing about getting together with someone you knew long ago is the sense that they already know you. It may have been a lot of years and a lot has happened, but hopefully he will still know and remember the real you.

And thanks for sharing this - it's nice to live vicariously sometimes :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I hope it all goes well for you.
  • PhoenyxRising
    PhoenyxRising Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good luck Mama.... I truly hope it works out for you. You deserve it more than anyone I know. I know most of what you have been through and I just hope that you don't allow yourself to get TOO worked up until you see what happens just to get hurt and let down. I'm sick of seeing you sad. Just go into it with an open mind and no expectations. Oh, and make sure you CALL or TEXT me dammit and let me know how it went!!!!! I'll need some girl talk tomorrow after slaving all day! Love ya! <3
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    congrats!
  • kelly6485
    kelly6485 Posts: 78
    Options
    awwwwwwwwwwwwww
    I love this story! I hope it has a happy ending =)