I'm a newbie, hello!

Options
Hi all
Just found this site through the app on my phone a couple of days ago, how amazing is this place?? I am mum to 4 kids under 10 and am currently training to do the Moonwalk. I just started dieting last Saturday and have lost 5lbs in my first week, which is great as I felt I hadn't lost any!! Looking to lose about another 20lbs. Please anyone feel free to add me as a friend, it'd be great to have some support :)

Replies

• rochelleclark
    rochelleclark Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! Congratulations on starting the dieting, and congratulations on your weight loss! I've been on here for a little while, but I'm just now getting into the message boards, too. I don't have any friends/support people on here either; it'd be fun to have a support group of sorts, people who are also dieting. :]
    I'm also a mom, but to just one right now. He's 6 months old and I adore him. <3
    Four kids under ten, awesome. I'm hoping to have all of my kids close in age like that.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    welcome
  • gonnabeskinny2011
    Options
    Hi i'm new too, living in north east england.......well done so far!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Lekachka7
    Lekachka7 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello, I've joined MFP today. I am mom of two adorable daughters. I've gained about 20 lbs extra with my second pregnancy and I am looking forward to get back into healthy shape before my second daughter turns 1 years old. She's 9 months old.
    I am thinking of starting p90x in June; however, I am concerned about breastfeeding and calorie intake. I did first 30 days of P90X after I stopped breastfeeding my 1st daughter and it helped me to be in the best shape of my life.
    Also, I am using my spinning bike 3 times a week and that's my cardio work out for now. Thinking about trying Zumba and Kinect Shape up. I just need time and motivation and that is the reason I joined this group. I can't imagine moms with more than 2 kids having time to do anything... by the end of the day I just want to go to bed. :) Feel free to add me as a friend, I'd be happy to motivate and support anyone who is wanting to be healthy and fit.
  • rochelleclark
    rochelleclark Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lekachka7 - I love Zumba and Kinect My Shape! I've only tried Zumba once, but it was so much fun. And the Kinect My Shape is awesome, it's so helpful and fun.
  • misspopsicle
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome guys :). I've got 3 boys of 9, 6 and 4 and my little girl is 2. They keep me on my toes anyway haha! Most of my weight gain has been through the pregnancies and after the last 2, I didn't really lose it so determined to do it now! Exercise wise, I've mainly been walking when I can but because my other half works night shifts, I have a selection of Jillian Michaels DVDs to keep me going.
    Sounds like we might not be too far from each other Gonnabeskinny! Well done on your loss too you're doing really well :)
    What's P90X Lekachka? Is it like Slim Fast?
  • debieneise
    debieneise Posts: 7
    Options
    hi, i am also new to the group, i also found the site through my app on my mobile, only started healthy eating on monday so i have not had my first weigh in yet. I am mother of 2 teenages from Nottingham in england.
  • frisolin
    frisolin Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all.
    I'm also a newbie. Apparently I joined back in October last year but I have no recollection of that. I don't know why because it's a fantastic tool and it's free too! Anyhoo I'm starting the diet today so wish me luck - and good luck to you all. I hope you all achieve your goals
    Nicki
  • TasmynB
    TasmynB Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I am a newbie too! I came across this site because of my friend. We are starting our diet on monday so wish us luck! Good luck to you all an I really hope you can achieve your goals! COME ON! YOU CAN DO IT! :)
  • Joanne7472
    Joanne7472 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I'm Jo and I've had the app a while and thought I would check out the website. After weighing myself today, definately need to lose some weight. So starting today and hopefully I will succeed!

I would like to lose 28 llbs, however, even 7 would make me feel so much better, so that is goal 1, to aim for just 7llbs to start with.

Good luck to everyone

Jo
  • Lekachka7
    Options
    P90X is the extreme home video workouts that was designed by Tony Horton (celebrity trainer). Amazing results... I did it after my first baby and I gotten into a great shape... http://www.beachbody.com/product/p90x-what-you-get.do
    check it out... It's definitely extreme but I loved it once you pass first couple weeks then it's like an addiction. :) I am thinking of starting it in this June again :) We moved a year ago and I still haven't unpacked my exercise gear like pull up bar and weight bands...
    When do you ladies work out? especially those with smaller kids that require a lot of attention :)
  • Lekachka7
    Options
    Cool :) i will try Kinect Shape up tonight or at least play with it :) Did you burn any calories with it?