NEW...

Options
Hello..well it's been close to a month for me on here. It is helping a lot. But Im not seeing results as soon as I'd like. I keep within my calories for the day a lot of times I'm under. I work out for a 30/45 min daily on regular basis. I have a hard time drinking water but can down a pot Coffee like nothing.or used to be wine or beer.lol... I do have a positive note I can get into a skirt I bought 3 years ago & could never get on.
( can't get it done up though) I guess I'm just impatient... Uggggggg

Replies

• jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    It happens slowly but after some time has passed and you start seeing more results, you'll be more motivated. As far as water goes, try Mio or some of the other zero calorie drink flavors. It's a good way to get more fluid into you without the caffeine, though you still get the dental side effects as with coffee (acidity and staining). I started drinking tea to help stay off of sodas and it has been amazing. A cup of tea every morning with Truvia sweetener is delicious and a great way to start out the day's hydration.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    If you haven't yet, go to the forums and read other people's success stories. They are SO motivating for me! I go there when I'm feeling down :smile:
  • mzlizzi
    mzlizzi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Change one thing for one week and post the results here.

One suggestion for change: get serious about drinking water.

Drinking enough H2O is something I am struggling with also, so I will take my own advice and let you know how it goes for me, too. Deal?
  • Northerngirl51
    Northerngirl51 Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Back again....Giving it a little more effort this time and it is harder as the menopause is flaring up a lot :( Not feeling myself, wondering where myself went and just more than discouraged. One day at a time and just do it.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    It can take some time to see results. Alternately, you may not realize the changes in your body because you see yourself every day. When I started working out and tracking again after baby, I took a quick photo. 2 months later, I felt like I hadn't accomplished anything, until I looked back at that photo and compared it with a new one. I was amazed at the difference! So try taking photos, even if you're the only one who will see them.

As far as water, it helps me to keep a bottle nearby. I sip on it throughout the day, and make sure to fill it twice a day (it's 32 oz, so that gives me the 8 cups). I do use Crystal Light sometimes, but often just having the ice water on hand and easy to drink means that it happens :wink:

And make sure you're measuring accurately (weigh solids!) Sometimes we don't see the results because we're eating more than we think :scream: Give it a try for a while and see if it helps.