Low calorie snacks

Options
Hey everyone, please share your ideas of low calorie snacks, I'm struggling to stick to my daily limit! I feel peckish every night after gym so been snacking on rice cakes but it's getting boring now. Thank you in advance!

Replies

• mzjenn2u
    mzjenn2u Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    add some peanut butter to your rice cakes
    nonfat greek yogurt
    fruit
    veggies and hummus
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    boo on the nonfat greek yogurt. I get the whole fat greek yogurt (bought it once on accident and I can't go back to nonfat now).

I like a handful of almonds after the gym or a hard boiled egg.

This isn't particularly low cal, but I love a beer after the gym. That's why I'm going to the gym in the first place. Beer is filling. Bread in a bottle.
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    A mission low carb high fiber tortilla with a stick of 2% sharp cheddar. I just wrap the tortilla around the cheese and make a quesadilla. 60 calories for a sargento cheese stick and 80 calories for a 6" Low Carb Whole Wheat Tortilla. It's only 140 calories but it has 8 grams of fiber and it's pretty satisfying.
  • curt40
    curt40 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Beer??? Now that is diet even I can stay on!!!
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Jerky - protein
    Popcorn - carbs
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If I'm really hungry I'll drink something dark like a porter or stout. Been enjoying Yards Chocolate Love Stout they put out for Valentines day. Very smooth and incredibly filling
  • autumnvm
    autumnvm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A mission low carb high fiber tortilla with a stick of 2% sharp cheddar. I just wrap the tortilla around the cheese and make a quesadilla. 60 calories for a sargento cheese stick and 80 calories for a 6" Low Carb Whole Wheat Tortilla. It's only 140 calories but it has 8 grams of fiber and it's pretty satisfying.

LOVE this idea, thanks!
  • orangeyellowkayak
    orangeyellowkayak Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    string cheese is good lower in cals and you get to "play " with it while you eat it so it last a longer time. Also I keep single serving bags of pistachios around they're about 110 cals and are satisfying. Although that beer sounded good.
  • babylaur99
    babylaur99 Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Progreso lite soups are 60 calories and between 12-15 carbs per cup, easy to heat and very filling! Kroger carb master yogurts are 60 calories and 4 carbs per container and very yummy. Also packed with 9 grams of protein. Lite laughing cow Swiss cheese has 35 calories per wedge and 1 carb, plus 5 grams protein. Slather it on some celery or a few non salted saltines :) lastly 4 pieces of sliced deli turkey is 50 calories, 2 carbs, and 9 grams protein. And pretty tasty.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    My favorite go-to snacks if I have to keep my calories low for whatever reason (plans that night or it's a rest day, so no running calories) are (1) Cheerios - super-cheap in calories considering how delicious they are, and they take me half an hour to munch up (no milk), (2) a cucumber or a yellow bell-pepper (raw - like candy for me, nom nom); (3) Campbells soup-in-hand (the chix & stars are 60 calories and tomato is low, too); (4) hard boiled eggs - I usually eat one with the yolk and one without. Without the yolk, an egg is like 45 calories or something ridiculous.

Peanut butter is good, too, but the kind I like comes with high calories. I found out quickly that while I should keep granola, Clif bars, yogurt (full fat please), and nuts in my snack routine, I can't have them all the same day, or I'll have nothing left by dinner - I eat something about once an hour, lol ... so I pick and choose. Rest days are tough on me - and I usually just go over that one day a week.
  • shilis
    shilis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Light jello, chocolate almond milk, green apples, greek yogurt, natural popcorn, special k snack bars, baby carrots, light PB&J (w saralee 45 cal slice bread, sugarfree strawberry jam, PB low fat) .. These are my usual snacks :smile:
  • anggerl
    anggerl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    lunch meat roll ups. Five slices of lunch meat, peel a string cheese into five pieces and then wrap each cheese with lunch meat. Dip in mustard. You could also use laughing cow or light cream cheese instead and stick some bell peppers in there. Yum... I think I'll have one now!