Started March 17th & need to lose 35-40lbs

Options
Hi everyone :) my name is Desiree ♡
I am trying to lose 35-40 lbs in 12 weeks!!
I'm looking for friends to help me by motivation, and support! Also any exercise suggestions for me! I would love to help you out also by motivation & support B)

Replies

• jlbrown1985
    jlbrown1985 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'd love to be you MFP friend. Send me a request of you'd like.
  • desireedeann25
    Options
    Ok great :) but not sure how to send request yet? Lol

• retropactum
    retropactum Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello Desiree. Glad you've joined us all. Losing 35-40 in 12 weeks means losing 3 lbs a week, which is going to be difficult to do and stay healthy in the process. I don’t want you to set yourself up for failure. With only that much to lose, setting your weight loss to 1-1.5 lbs/week would probably be for the best. It may take longer than you hoped, but it’ll be maintainable. My best advice to you is take some time to review the pinned posts. A lot of them are very long reads, but are filled with worthwhile information to get you there. I’m only 18 lbs +/- into my weight loss journey, but those posts really helped me understand some of the science behind weight loss. Good luck!

P.S. I may not be perfect, but I’ll shoot you a friend request for support!
  • desireedeann25
    Options
    Thank you & I'm not sure how to send or receive friend requests yet. Lol :)
  • retropactum
    retropactum Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Lol, no worries. Personally the website makes it easier for me at least.

Try starting by reading this. It's a pretty comprehensive start.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • Chilu78
    Chilu78 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone I have the same sort of weight loss goal just a bit disappointed as I've been dieting and gym-ing it for 3 weeks with no loss so far! Have put on some muscle so hoping soon results start to show :(
  • sy8s
    sy8s Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 40 as well!