Am I eating too little?

Options
I have my goal set at max.1500 daily calories. The last 7 days I have been 5900 net calories under my weekly goal. I noticed that I gained weight saturday/sunday/monday but have dropped 200gr. today. Did I gain because I ate too little? I still feel I'm eating plenty and my energy level is fine.

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Eating too little will not cause you to gain weight. That said, you should be aiming to average out at a minimum of 1200 cals net a day in order to meet your minimum nutritional requirements. If some of that excess 5900 is from exercise though it may not be as high as you think, MFP tends to overestimate calorie burns from exercise.

Weight loss isn't linear, it'll bounce all over the place from day to day.

Oh, and you can totally use those left over cals for a treat! It's a good way to work that kind of thing in.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Yes! You need more fat. Get fat to between 45-55 grams a day.
    . . . adding butter, yogurt, oils, nuts, peanut butter, beef, salmon, tuna.
  • vovolourdes
    Options
    Very confused i am on 1200 calories diet and my exercise total 390 what do I have to increase or decrease my proteins are carbohydrates, no matter what I do I am always under my calorie goal
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Very confused i am on 1200 calories diet and my exercise total 390 what do I have to increase or decrease my proteins are carbohydrates, no matter what I do I am always under my calorie goal

It doesn't matter what you increase. If you are under the calories you need, eat something you like.
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your answers!
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    So you are netting 650 calories per day? That's way too low if you are accurate in your logging. Net calories shouldn't go below 1200 for females and 1500 for males.
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    So you are netting 650 calories per day? That's way too low if you are accurate in your logging. Net calories shouldn't go below 1200 for females and 1500 for males.

I'm eating around 1100 calories per day. The rest I've "earned" from exercise and not eaten back.
  • redskiednight
    redskiednight Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Rockin2014 wrote: »

I'm eating around 1100 calories per day. The rest I've "earned" from exercise and not eaten back.

The way myfitnesspal is set up to work is so that you eat your calories from exercise back. It works on NET calories, so calories eaten - exercise calories = 1200 or whatever you have it set to.

Not eating exercise calories back on 1200 calories is a recipe for disaster. Eat them! :)