Looking For Encouragement On My New Journey

Options
Hello Friends,
I am looking for some encouragement as I embark on this weight loss journey. I am in the process of losing 70+ pounds. I have kinda given up on taking care of me the last couple of years. I have a 2 and 3 year old (13 months apart) and my focus has been on them and my husband, and my weight loss goals fell to the side. So now it is time to put my goals at the fore front and begin to take care of me so I can take better care of them. So I am just looking to connect and for accountability on this Journey. :smiley:

Replies

• monkey246
    monkey246 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You're looking for encouragement? .... This post is very inspiring, in fact you've encouraged me! ☺️ you're right - it's time to focus on you!
  • Fat_Girl_Gone
    Fat_Girl_Gone Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I also have a 3 year old! The amount of running around we do you'd think we'd be beanpoles eh? Good luck on your journey, feel free to add me if you'd like xx
  • mrswong09
    Options
    Thank you Monkey246! :smiley:
  • sailingday
    sailingday Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll support you!
  • mrswong09
    Options
    Thanks!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    You hit the head on the nail! :-P At some point we all have to take some “me” time, if not eventually we will not be able to take care of those that need us to do so. You are not alone; there are more of us out there, than we can count. You just have to schedule the time in advance and then make sure that you stick to it. Schedule workout time, walks, make a proper meal for yourself and even some down time. The latter of which I am terrible about.
    I am more than happy to share my ideas with you on how to fit it into a busy/hectic life. Just let me know what you want help with.
  • Tia_N_Mac
    Tia_N_Mac Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Your story resonates with so many women. We gotta work on us sometimes!