Is weight loss noticable on petite framed woman?

Options
i am 24, weighing 155lbs at 5'3
I wear a size 27 or 29 in jeans if that info helps.. If I were to lose even 5lbs would that be noticeable on me?

Replies

• Selah722
    Selah722 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    you would notice, not necessarily in the mirror, but by how your clothes fit. your closest friend might say something. Generally it takes at least 10# for close family to notice and 20#+ for coworkers/aquatinces to notice. (Or at least so I've found to be true myself when you only need to loose about 30#)
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I have very small bone structure and somewhere around 5-7 pounds was noticable on me. I'm 37, starting weight 148, CW: 135, GW: 130; I've dropped 4 sizes. I'm 5'6"
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", my highest weight was around 145, and then it took about 10 pounds for anyone to notice a loss or my clothes to fit much differently. Now that I'm usually around 118 pounds, 5 pounds is enough weight to see a difference and affect my clothes.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your body. I'm 5'4, started at 170 and now at 155. All the way down to 159 nobody said a peep because all the weight was coming from my thighs and upper arms. Suddenly the weight started coming off my hips and belly and now every day someone else is commenting. And that's just in the last 3-4 pounds. So it depends where you end up losing those 5 pounds from, and no you cannot choose :)
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    It really depends on your body. I'm 5'4, started at 170 and now at 155. All the way down to 159 nobody said a peep because all the weight was coming from my thighs and upper arms. Suddenly the weight started coming off my hips and belly and now every day someone else is commenting. And that's just in the last 3-4 pounds. So it depends where you end up losing those 5 pounds from, and no you cannot choose :)
    Very good point. I'm lucky in that I'm an hourglass body type so I gain and lose weight proportionally. Also the clothes you wear. I still wear my 'fat pants' because they're comfortable, but they are now 4 sizes too big. When I put on a skirt that fits though, sha ZAAM! If you're still wearing the same colthes, but they are baggier, people may not notice.
  • rachylouise87
    rachylouise87 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i am 5ft and i takes a long time to notice weight loss on me. it takes a long time to go down dress sizes. i have lost 48lbs and only gone down 2 dress sizes it depends on shape. apparently i have a large frame even though i am short
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Depends on how you lose the fat, too. If it comes predominantly from areas where you don't have as much - like your face - it'll be noticeable much sooner.

Even when you lose a significant amount, most people don't notice until you start wearing the smaller clothes. Clothes that are big on you hide the changes.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I'm average height but have a very small frame. I find that any loss or gain ~ 10 pounds or more is pretty noticeable on me...a blessing when trying to lose, a curse when gaining and not meaning to....
  • wannabefitgirl25
    wannabefitgirl25 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    I'm average height but have a very small frame. I find that any loss or gain ~ 10 pounds or more is pretty noticeable on me...a blessing when trying to lose, a curse when gaining and not meaning to....

I totally agree. I am also small framed and I consider 5'3 to be pretty average right? Others always notice and compliment even when there is a 5lbs weight loss difference on my hour glass shaped body but I guess I am just so used to seeing myself in the mirror every day that I just don't notice the difference myself!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Probably, but it really depends on your body.

I am very tall and have a large frame size--even on me, 5 pounds is generally noticeable.