Friends needed

Options
carimiller7391
carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
Good afternoon. I'm not new to MFP. I was on for awhile last year, did OK. I had RNY gastric bypass surgery 01/26/15 due to my metabolism was so jacked up from years (20+) of yo-yo dieting. I saw a nutritionist and an endocrinologist who both suggested WLS. I was OK with the decision as I'd has the sleeve in 2012, but stopped losing after only losing 55lbs. Again, the Weight Loss doc said metabolism was so jacked up. So I had my surgery and have faithfully been logging ever morsel of foods I eat. NOW that I have been reading some of the threads here, I now know I need to weigh all foods, and only measure liquids. WOW, eye opening. I've been busy reading all the threads and info here. I want this weight off, willing to do whatever it takes to get the weight off and would like to make some friends in the process. My best friend also had WLS in 2013... She and I aren't as close as we once were as she it feels like she feels better then me. I'd like to forge some friendships and be able to motivate and be motivated.

Thanks!!!
Cari

Replies

• jaimecondo
    jaimecondo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Over the past 2 years I lost over 50 pounds. I used this app last year and lost 17 pounds in 3 months. Im back now because I want to lose a little more and it helps me when I keep track of everything I eat. For me it was a lifestyle change, you have to look at all the food you are eating and make better choices. Try to cut out all processed food and prepare your meals at home. Always keep cut up veggies and fruit in your fridge. Stick to the basics some meat, lots and lots of veggies and some carbs, rice, whole grain pasta and potatoes in small amounts. Try to stay away from anything labeled low fat or fat free, it actually make you fatter. try coconut oil instead of butter. its a learning process and a daily battle. just research and find healthy recipes to keep on hand. Good Luck!
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words and the good ideas!!
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi, Cari! MFP has really helped me a lot. Feel free to add me!
  • Mmachi99
    Mmachi99 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    hi everyone, I'm new here; started mfp today actually and have been surfing a lot of posts, I truly am excited and wouldn' t mind having friends to encourage ourselves and meet our goals together. do add me pls.
  • JerShep
    JerShep Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Cari! I've used mfp before but didn't stick to it very long. I've been using mfp for a week this time and would like some friends to help each other support one another! Please add me!
  • mkwheeler50
    mkwheeler50 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Cari! We're all on the same team! Feel free to add me.
  • elaiesay2
    elaiesay2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You could add me, always looking for more positive and encouraging words as we get healthy!
  • LaTieya
    LaTieya Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm knew to this and it would be nice to have friends on here
  • JLDRKSJ
    JLDRKSJ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Cari,
    Feel free to add me. Could use some friends as well. Restarting myself. It's finally my time.
  • shycie750
    shycie750 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm new too!!! I need the accountability of like-minded (and like-struggling, if that's a word!) friends--please add me!