Help with breakfast

Options
hi I have using fitness pal now for three weeks but struggling with keeping my carbs at 50%i have porridge for breakfast and would appreciate some other suggestions for breakfast thank you in advance

Replies

• smithkrystal23
    smithkrystal23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1 jumbo egg whipped with basil, poured into the pan over 1/2 cup diced tomato, 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, 1 clove crushed garlic and 1/4tsp onion salt. Stir until eggs fully set, then throw in 1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves. When spinach is wilted give one last toss and its done :smile: my favorite breakfast, can add avocado cilantro etc to meet caloric needs or enhance flavor.
  • smithkrystal23
    smithkrystal23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you are having issues going over with carbs, only eat the carbs that are otherwise nutritionally significant, such as bananas other fruits and veggies
  • juhishringi
    juhishringi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hii. I post my fevret saks on recepy section name indian brekfast upma ...its raly a good option for you....if u cook food thn prepar it and enjoy a cety light and testy food ....ask me if u don't find the recipy...
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    hi I have using fitness pal now for three weeks but struggling with keeping my carbs at 50%i have porridge for breakfast and would appreciate some other suggestions for breakfast thank you in advance

nothing wrong with porridge if you like it. I eat oatmeal every morning, and my carbs are rarely over 50% - typcially only if i built in sweets like cupcakes for the day.

• karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I've started swapping my beloved cereal or porridge (depending on the time of year) for eggs. Making myself awesome omelettes or veggie fritters etc. it's made a huge difference. I don't crave carbs as much anymore.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you're still within your calories, there's nothing wrong with keeping the porridge in your diet. Otherwise, eggs/meat/yogurt are all good options. Or leftovers.