NROL4W

Options
SaltNBurnBoys
SaltNBurnBoys Posts: 170 Member
I'm thinking this is okay to go here since I'm technically asking for recipes. (This is also my second posting of this because I tried about a week and a half ago and got nothing.)

I'm planning on starting NROL4W in the near future, but I'm not a huge fan of most of the provided recipes. I don't want to just eat whatever since I know how important the nutrient ratios of food are when you're lifting, but I know that I don't like at least half the provided recipes.

I've tried googling about a million different variations of 'NROL4W recipes' and none of the results are actually anything to do with recipes. So I figured I'd ask you guys for help. Are there any recipes in the nutrition plan you don't like? What did you substitute them with while maintaining the ratio of carbs/fat/protein suggested for the workouts?

Thanks in advance, guys.

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm nearing the end of Stage 1 and I haven't used the nutrition part of the book at all. I use MFP for general calorie recommendations and focus on trying to get enough protein each day (which is a challenge at time because I have a mild allergy to dairy). The rest is just extra. I try to get some veggies and what not but don't worry too much over things as long as I'm getting decent protein and I'm still at a calorie deficit (which the book technically says not to do at first).

So, eat your protein and such, then you should be okay. There is also the NROLFW group on this site that might help though I'm not sure many of them followed the recipes part either. Most of the posts are about the workouts and what not.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I plan to start NROLFW next week but am not going to follow the diet part. I'm a vegetarian and don't care for most protein sources/supplements. I'm going to see how my body reacts to the program and then adjust my diet accordingly, I'm sure I'll need to add protein and will likely start using a powder.
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I've done NROL4W and have never used anything from the recipe guide. Just stick to the recommended 30:40:30 ratio (I can't remember exactly what it is now, so long ago!).

Those are just recipes ideas and we don't have to necessarily follow them to the teeth, but eat anything that sticks to the ratio and you're gold. I did it that way too.
  • SaltNBurnBoys
    SaltNBurnBoys Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Well when I ask for recipes, I'm asking for ones that fit that ratio. The ratio is what's important, not the specific things you eat, but I don't exactly have any recipes that have that ratio sitting in my recipe book.